Closed Thread
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol, cheers... Said through gritted teeth, Robin?

More seriously though, what are your thoughts on the match, who was more up for it, who you thought deserved to win and how it panned out?

Granty must be asleep, or drowning his sorrows in all that booze he's bought!

Marco.
    just awake.. slept for 4 hrs + feel a bit better now. not seen anything but now aware of happenings. inclined to think robin summed it up bang on.
    but it shows rangers as a side have little to fear if they play their best, but if you dont take chances then you lose..simple. and your defence mustn't crumble the first sign of attacking zeal against you.. old story re central partnership, that SG is blind about.

well done to the opposition for taking there chance
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Celtic: SERIAL WINNERS!

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    If you dominate the game, have several excellent chances including a penalty but can’t score even against 10 men Give away a sloppy goal although it was off side.
    The game should have been won by half time, still a long way too go for Rangers. Great performance by the Celtic goalkeeper but at the end of the day the statistic that counts is goals scored.
    Not sure where we go from here.
    Thing is though, Celtic played much better with 10 men than they did with 11! But most importantly for Celtic, the game changed when Edouard came on, as he won the free kick that Jullien scored from, plus set up Mikey Johnston with a wonderful pass, who should've made it 2-0. So for all Rangers' dominance, they could've easily lost the game by that margin.

No doubt whatsoever that Rangers were by far the better team in the first half, and also in the second, up until Edouard came on, and were also more up for it from the beginning than Celtic were. However, the fact is Rangers played as well as they did before Edouard came on, because Celtic had no 'out ball' or someone to hit up front, so that stifled us/made us lack confidence, combined with Rangers' hard-pressing tactics.

You also have to remember that we were playing not only with a makeshift 'striker', but also a makeshift left back, although I thought that Jonny Hayes was superb throughout, and Elyounoussi was far from match fit, so this was a considerably weakened Celtic team, which was a major reason why Rangers dominated so much for the first 60 mins. If Edouard had been fit enough to play from the start, I guarantee that it would've been a different game.

And if I'd known that Edouard wouldn't have been fit enough to play from the start, then there was no way I'd have predicted a Celtic win beforehand. I got it right though, but only because Fraser Forster had an unbelievable game, making some truly world-class saves throughout [the one against Jack was sensational], and Morelos missed so many chances, showing once again, especially with the penalty miss, that he simply can't score against Celtic - and for me he'll NEVER be a true Rangers great until he does.

Plus there were worrying signs, particularly his disgraceful lunge at Jullien, dragging his studs down his shin, that Morelos was starting to lose it again, which if the referee had seen would've resulted in him being sent off, together with various other petulant outbursts, so he needs to get a grip before his temper becomes his worst enemy again!

I was pleased that Frimpong did such a good job in keeping Kent quiet, who was rather disappointing and made little impact. And I think that Frimpong's sending off was harsh, although it was a definite penalty. In time, he's definitely going to be a big player for Celtic, as he's a major talent, and just bristling with energy and joie de vivre - a really smashing lad and footballer

Anyway, for me, as they showed against Aberdeen in midweek, Rangers are capable of playing some great football, but still lack the ruthlessness and winning mentality needed to go to the next level, and move from being a good team capable of winning lots of games, to a great team capable of winning trophies, but I think that'll come if they continue with their good habits and doing what they do well. If they can get one trophy, then I think more will follow.

However, today they were given a dose of the same medicine that Walter Smith's Rangers teams used to regularly dish out to Celtic, where Andy Goram broke so many Celtic hearts, with despite having been outplayed by Celtic for most of the game, Rangers would sneak it 1-0, and with Goram making the main difference. Well this time it was Forster denying Rangers, and in particular Morelos, and breaking Rangers' hearts. On these performances and those he's made this season in Europe, Gareth Southgate must seriously consider him now for England!

Anyway... Sometimes you win ugly, and sometimes with style - and this Celtic team have shown time and time again that they're capable of doing both *where it really counts*, especially in cup finals. And so until Rangers develop that particular skill, they'll continue hanging onto Celtic's coat tails. In that respect, I believe that the forthcoming league game at Celtic Park, on the 29th December, will be a defining moment for both teams, in terms of where the title will end up, but for now I'll just enjoy the here and now, and the winning of yet another trophy (their 10th in a row) for this remarkable Celtic team!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    just awake.. slept for 4 hrs + feel a bit better now. but it shows rangers as a side have little to fear if they play their best...
    Glad that you're feeling better, mate. However, in terms of the bit in bold, yes but largely because Celtic played with no recognised striker for 60 mins of the match. It was a different ball game when Edouard came on, as he transformed Celtic, whilst not even being near fully fit.

Your statement above will hold more water if/when Rangers succeed in outplaying a full-strength Celtic team, or at least one that features a recognised striker!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

We were missing arguably our best mid in Davis so that helped balance it a bit. But yes eduard is a potential match winner and good outlet.
    I noticed when Jack got injured we didn't have a single mid to go on in place.
    Considering the amount of players we have in that area I thought that odd
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    We were missing arguably our best mid in Davis so that helped balance it a bit.
    It did, in the sense that both teams were without key players from their starting line-ups, but not in terms of why Rangers were able to dominate the first 60 mins. In that respect, we definitely missed Edouard more than you missed Davis, simply because we had no out ball, and that stifled us big time.

If Davis had played, you might've performed even better, or won, but if Edouard had played from the start, you wouldn't have been able to dominate the game so much, which was proved with the difference he made when he came on in the second half. That's my point

How do you think Rangers would've coped if they weren't able to play Morelos, or any recognised striker? He's your main man, the same as Edouard is ours, so that was a massive blow for us.

We need to sign another quality striker in the January transfer window, if Griffiths isn't going to be that man, and if so I believe that will be key to us winning the title. We simply *cannot* go into another old firm game, final or otherwise, without a recognised striker, and hope to do again what we did today!

Marco.
    Main System

Thumbs up BetFred League Cup Final: Rangers 0 Celtic 1

And now, I make no apologies for some gratuitous celebrations, lol......

League Cup Final Winners 2019: : GLASGOW CELTIC.

One down, two to go...

Marco.
    Main System

Btw, Robin, does your Celtic supporting friend/neighbour still consider that the man above is a 'downgrade', as a Celtic manager, compared with Brendan Rodgers? I'm talking about purely as a Celtic manager, not a manager overall in general

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Btw, Robin, does your Celtic supporting friend/neighbour still consider that the man above is a 'downgrade', as a Celtic manager, compared with Brendan Rodgers? I'm talking about purely as a Celtic manager, not a manager overall in general

Marco.
    My Neighbour has not changed his opinion, and I quote “ no decent manager would leave us short on strikers “. In the build up yesterday Strachan was taking about having to decide between having to pick 2 small strikers or 2 taller strikers, changed days the only available yesterday could manage 20 minutes.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Well, Bayo was signed as cover for Edouard, and no-one knew he was going to get injured and be out for such a long time, or that Griffiths would take as long to come back from his various issues. I agree though that another striker should've been signed in the summer, but the fact that it didn't happen could've been down to a number of factors (player availability and/or costs for starters), none of which would've been Lennon's fault.
    Brendan Rodgers left Celtic plenty of times short of defenders, especially in crucial CL qualifying games, due to not having signed enough cover in that area in the summer transfer windows. Look at the Boyata situation and holding onto Lustig for too long, when he was past his best, and signing guys like Cristian Gamboa who weren't Celtic class, all of which was largely responsible for the 7 and 8-0 thumpings we got in the CL from Barcelona and PSG, so he's not absolved from that criticism either.

I'm afraid that your friend is blinkered and has rather illogical and entrenched views, as the stats speak for themselves:

Lennon's record with Celtic in Europe is superior to BR's, both this time as manager and before, and I'm pretty sure that their win ratios in domestic football (cups and league) would be very similar, taken over the same amount of games (as Lennon hasn't been there as long in his second spell). Plus BR's first season aside, Celtic are playing better football, scoring more goals under Lennon, and are just as difficult to beat as they were under Rodgers. They've maintained the same winning/never-say-die mentality instilled in them by him, which was illustrated no better than in yesterday's cup win, and which Lennon must be given credit for.

However, do I think that Lennon could do what Rodgers has done in the EPL with Leicester, or that he could go onto manage at the very top level in England? Maybe not, but he's already proving that he's at least as good a Celtic manager as BR was, based so far on his results! Quite simply, no-one else who would've came in to replace BR as manager would've done a better job.

If Celtic go onto win the league again and/or another treble this season, I'll come back and ask you the same question, and if your neighbour still refuses to acknowledge reality, and admit he was wrong, then he really WILL need some help in surgically removing those blinkers......!!.

Marco.
    Main System

Tom English sums up yesterday's game at Hampden rather succinctly: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50711628

Most notable was this stat, which I wasn't aware of, in reference to Celtic:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom English
    They have now won 31 straight cup ties, scoring 96 goals and conceding only nine, none of them to Rangers, who've had four cracks at them over the last four seasons.

In 47 hours of cup football, Celtic have trailed for a total of 47 minutes. That's a statistic to ponder.
    Indeed... And none of that success or dominance has lessened under Lennon.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast