Page 116 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1354

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Hearing its 3-2 now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

It's been a feature of braga at times thus season. Collapsing after being in a winning position.
    Gerrard for once, went for it and got a bit of a response.
    How they got out winning, well that's football I guess.
    3-2 it finishes according to the flashed score.
    Keeps the tie alive and gives more points for the future standings
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Hearing its 3-2 now
    Indeed, and even I'm pleased with your win, so you guys must be ecstatic! Great result for the co-efficient. What were you saying, then?

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Dunno what but they are a shadow of what they were. No desire, no real fight.

Agree with you about Morelos, though.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Not sure how we won that game as we were shite for 70 minutes.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Getting Kamara off should have happened in first half. He is currently brutal.
    2 solo goals from skilled players and a wild deflection doesn't make it anything to write home about but, and it's a big one.. Everyone at Ibrox will remember it for a long time, and it might just spur the players on a bit for rest of season.
    2 champs league places will be assured now I think.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

We were outplayed for most of the game and then the changes were made, probably for the first time the Manager went for it, time will tell.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Talking of youths, I see we have had a great signing in Malcolm Ebiowei, ex Arsenal wonderkid, 16, has signed with rangers. A number of prem teams were after him and plays for Nigeria as well. He was playing with the U18's at Arsenal. He was out of contract.
    This is the way a club like ours can have a future. Young exciting players with potential and hence value.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Yup Scotland have moved above the chechs and Cyprus so should have 2 champs league places
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Strange night, thought Celtic played well especially in the first half. As for Rangers they were rubbish for about 70 minutes and lucky to be only 2 down, very similar to a game against Marseille a few decades ago totally outplayed for 3/4 of the game but somehow managed to win. That said 2 good goals and one lucky one, hopefully that will change things because we have been very poor since the winter break.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I thought Aribo's goal was fantastic, but he needs to produce that more, especially in league games. Hagi is defo a talented player, and no doubt was keen to impress his dad in the stand, and although he's still only 21 and settling into Scottish football, he needs to show more of those skills in league games and not 'disappear' when things get physical against the 'diddy teams'... But if coached properly, and with a bit of luck, he's destined for great things.

I also thought Kamberi looked good, for the short time he was on in the second half, and could give Rangers a different dimension up front. For me, it's either time to drop Morelos, as his not at it just now, mentally, or, and I personally I would go with this, play two up front (like Celtic have been doing), with him and Morelos, and which might take some of the pressure off of Morelos and help him get back to the form he showed before his injury. I also think there's potentially a good partnership there.

However, having watched some of their games in the group stages,I knew that Braga would be a very dangerous team, and going forward they're better than Porto, but with the very high defensive line they adopt, you'll always get chances against them, particularly if you've got pace in your team, although their goalkeeper is very, very good! It's all set to be a very entertaining night next week in Portugal.

Braga will almost certainly score over there, I feel certain about that, but if Rangers can score an away goal (at least one), I think think they'll go through, but it'll be a topsy-turvy night, full of twists and turns, and for me, whoever scores the first goal will go onto win the game and the tie. Hopefully now, from a Rangers point of view, they'll use the win last night, and euphoria of such an amazing comeback to spur them on in the league. TBH, if that comeback doesn't provide Rangers with the spark that they've been missing, nothing will!

Celtic were fantastic last night in the first half, and pretty much blew Copenhagen away. They missed numerous chances in the first half to put the tie to bed, and could've easily gone in at half time 3-0 up. I think Copenhagen were taken aback by Celtic's attacking intent, and high-press, in an away European fixture and had been expecting Celtic to be more defensive, but that's what I like now away in Europe since Neil Lennon's taken over, as we now look like we can win or at least get a point in those games, whereas under Rodgers that almost never happened... Take note Lenny detractors!

However, in the second half it was a different ball game (literally), and after a tactical switch and a boot up the arse from their manager, Copenhagen came out and played like a totally different team, and were much more direct and dangerous. The goal they scored though was due to Celtic's sloppy defending, so they'll need to be much tighter in the return leg if they're to avoid losing an away goal.

The penalty was definitely a penalty. No way did Christie deliberately handle the ball, he was just too close to get out the way, but his arm was certainly in an 'unnatural position', so I knew how the VAR decision would go. What a save though from Forster, and that could be the difference to us progressing or not. I think we'll have to score 2 goals minimum to go through, and with home advantage I'd expect us to do that, but it won't be an easy game.

I would be great to see both Rangers and Celtic go through to the last 16, and if both play to their potential and defend resolutely, then I think there's a good a chance of it happening!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread