Closed Thread

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I didn't see the game, but from what I've read Kevin de Bruyne had one of those games.
    Set up three goals and got for himself.
    When he's like that it will be extremely difficult to play against any side he's a part of.
    His vision and pinpoint accurate passes and crosses are a nightmare to defend against.
    One man doesn't make a team, but any team with a player of KdB's standing will get opportunities.

We (City) missed him for big chunks of last season, but somehow managed not to lose it completely.
    We coped.

Don't beat yourselves up over last night
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Points taken, Chris, and I agree, although the problems we have unfortunately go much deeper and were also evident against Russia, plus in other games before it.

Anyway, could you please answer this post (319) :https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...60#post1120860

This'll be the THIRD time I've asked!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Points taken, Chris, and I agree, although the problems we have unfortunately go much deeper and were also evident against Russia, plus other games before it.

Anyway, could you please answer this post (319) :https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...60#post1120860

This'll be the THIRD time I've asked!

Marco.
    Open your eyes and ye shall find https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...80#post1120880

Chris

Lol - missed it because it was the last post (for me) on that page... Ta, and thanks for the link

We'll see what he's like when he plays, but I suspect he's one for the future.

Marco.

I'm sure Jeremie will prove to be a good signing for Celtic.
    People forget that developing and moving young players on is a part of City's business dealings, and from what I hear it's quite profitable.
    One thing you do know is that Jeremie has had extremely good coaching - the first team coaching staff get involved with the younger players from time to time, and the way the first team plays guides the way the youngsters are coached.

He'll be a very good player - it's down to your lot to bring him on further.
    Chris

Yup, I understand all that, and you're right. I'm sure he will do well, once he's deemed as ready to fight for his place in the first team. We've not had too many 'duds' from Man City, with players such as Guidetti, Denayer, Boyata and Roberts, in recent times all doing not too badly at Celtic!

Marco.

P.S Granty, when you get a chance, I'd appreciate your thoughts on post 328

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, I understand all that, and you're right. I'm sure he will do well, once he's deemed as ready to fight for his place in the first team. We've not had too many 'duds' from Man City, with players such as Guidetti, Denayer, Boyata and Roberts, in recent times all doing not too badly at Celtic!

Marco.

P.S Granty, when you get a chance, I'd appreciate your thoughts on post 328
    Duds is seldom the correct term to use.
    As always, it's down to whether the player in question fits in with what the manager/coach wants to see.

Talking of Roberts, he has a day off this coming Saturday.
    Premier League rules say that a loan player cannot play against their "parent" club.
    UEFA take a different view, which is why he played against City for Celtic a few seasons ago.
    Chris

Closed Thread