Closed Thread
Page 43 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    It's nearly as tedious as listening to you droning on about Celtic's glorious past...
    Ha - it wouldn't be just a past, if like you, we had been bought by a billionaire oil sheik, and had access to earning proper money in a much bigger league. Same applies to Rangers, btw.

Remind me again of how many fans you play in front of during home games?

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I agree. Rangers have a more glorious past [being the operative word], considering that they're really only 7 years old!

Thoroughly agree with your last point. Even if he'd left the club in a healthy position, it was always going to be impossible to emulate him.

Marco.
    We are either a team with a glorious past or a team that's doing not too bad for one that's only 7 years old.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    We are either a team with a glorious past or a team that's doing not too bad for one that's only 7 years old.
    Where's that like button?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Lol - with respect mate, what exactly have you won during that time?

Marco.

I'm Robin.

Lol - with respect mate, what exactly have you won during that time?

Marco.
    nothing worth talking about about, however to make the group stages of the Europa League for the last two seasons is a reasonable start from where we were.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Yes I agree

Marco.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Ha - it wouldn't be just a past, if like you, we had been bought by a billionaire oil sheik, and had access to earning proper money in a bigger league.

Remind me again of how many fans you play in front of during home games?

Marco.
    The Sheik's money has made it all possible, but it hasn't bought success. That had to be worked for, and it continues to be worked on.

Stadium capacity is currently 55,000ish, and attendances are not far short of that.
    Expansion at the other end of the ground is on the cards, which will add another 7000 seats.
    The official attendance record is 54,693 (Manchester City vs Leicester City, 6 February 2016), but attendances are often 54,000 plus.

The one thing I fail to understand is the 80 minuters - the folk that up and go home dead on 80 minutes, to "beat the crowds" - we've won many a game at the death, and yet they still do it
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

nothing worth talking about about, however to make the group stages of the Europa League for the last two seasons is a reasonable start from where we were.
    indeed, and to have secured such high profile men to run it, which is so welcome after all the crooks who were there... anyone who thought we would just return to the top immediately were just kidding themselves...

but we have improved out of sight since sg and co plus ma came
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Ma?

And btw, long may that improvement continue, as the stronger you lot get, the stronger we'll need to be to stay ahead... It's a knock-on effect I'm very much in favour of

Marco.

I'm Grant.

mark allen
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast