Closed Thread
Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No, no, not at all..... But, I'll take this [rather unexpected] result as a nice bonus

I haven't watched the game... So where did it go wrong for City? Unknown quantity perhaps, given that you hadn't played Norwich before? Pukki will score (and create) plenty this season, mark my words!

Marco.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Your lot have had their sympathy quota for the next decade!
    Well, was expecting a mauling, but as we all know, football is a funny old game! We'll probably get thumped by Burnley next week!

Joking aside, the team spirit and "never say die" attitude that Farke has created is amazing really - I am sure we've ridden our luck today, so unlucky Man City, but I'm not complaining you've had an off day!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Internationals is where is went wrong.
    If I were paranoid I would claim that both UEFA and FIFA were conspiring against us.
    Thankfully I'm not paranoid about it.
    Nicholas Otamendi was directly to blame for the 3rd Norwich goal. That he'd had to fly in from LA after a fucking friendly has nothing to do with it!
    Kyle Walker not being awake and just standing still didn't help either, 'cos the 2nd goal would have been offside if he had.

Well done Norwich City.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Well, was expecting a mauling, but as we all know, football is a funny old game! We'll probably get thumped by Burnley next week!

Joking aside, the team spirit and "never say die" attitude that Farke has created is amazing really - I am sure we've ridden our luck today, so unlucky Man City, but I'm not complaining you've had an off day!
    What can I say?
    Well done!
    It's a setback but it's early days.
    We've come back from worse situations.
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Sure, City will bounce back. Liverpool are still to have their first crisis, but as said earlier its a funny old game
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

What can I say?
    Well done!
    It's a setback but it's early days.
    We've come back from worse situations.
    Indeed, and I'll be rooting for you midweek agains Shakhtar, as I will all the British (and particularly Scottish) teams playing in Europe!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I dreamt last night we won 4-1 so still time for that!
    A word of advice - you and the missus not using contraception 'cos you have crystal balls and can see what's coming ......
    Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

A word of advice - you and the missus not using contraception 'cos you have crystal balls and can see what's coming ......
    (Although "Dr. Two-Bricks" has already sorted me out in that department!)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Dr Two Bricks?

That one's flown past me... Care to elucidate? Do you mean you've had a wee snip-ette?

Marco.

Good summary of the Norwich game yesterday, and two interesting interviews here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49703750

Farke: "We had a special plan and it worked".... Indeed! I like his style, and he certainly talks a good game.

Could two Germans combine to scupper City from taking the title this year? We'll see!

This result has certainly sparked my interest in Norwich City games now even more....

Marco.

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast