Closed Thread
Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Dr Two Bricks?

That one's flown past me... Care to elucidate? Do you mean you've had a wee snip-ette?

Marco.
    Exactly that! Comes from a joke about a Doctor using two bricks to do the job “does it hurt?” “Only if you get your thumbs trapped in between!”
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Grant.

its one way of achieving the goal albeit a painful one...... old age is often an easier option, although not failsafe.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Dr. Two Bricks
    It reminds me of a story about a camel trader and his super long distance camels....
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I wondered how long it would be before Vincent Kompany's departure would expose our defensive frailties even more.
    The guy was a massive influence on the team when he was injured and unable to play, and an inspirational leader when he was on the field.

The way the fixtures pan out means that we have a potentially tricky match at Everton at the end of the month, and a fairly settled list of games all the way to November 9th (I'm sure that the time of the game will be changed, and possibly the date), when we play Liverpool at Anfield.
    That gives us a fair bit of time to work on things.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Fernandinho step into the breach, and Stones move up to defensive mid.
    We should see Mendy gradually being given game time as well, so that could give us further options.

Away to Shaktar next - that will be a tough one.
    Chris

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Exactly that! Comes from a joke about a Doctor using two bricks to do the job “does it hurt?” “Only if you get your thumbs trapped in between!”
    Lol- haven't heard that one before

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I wondered how long it would be before Vincent Kompany's departure would expose our defensive frailties even more.
    The guy was a massive influence on the team when he was injured and unable to play, and an inspirational leader when he was on the field.

The way the fixtures pan out means that we have a potentially tricky match at Everton at the end of the month, and a fairly settled list of games all the way to November 9th (I'm sure that the time of the game will be changed, and possibly the date), when we play Liverpool at Anfield.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Fernandinho step into the breach, and Stones move up to defensive mid.
    We should see Mendy gradually being given game time as well, so that could give us further options.

Yeah, loads of football still to be played mate, and I'm sure you'll be winning many more games than you'll be losing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this three in a row you're going for? If so, and you achieve it, has that ever been done before in the EPL?

And yes, Shakhtar [don't forget the 'h'] will be a tough nut to crack at home. We've played them there before a few times and they're very attacking minded and play at a high tempo. However, I think you'll have enough to win the game, and perhaps by a couple of goals.

Marco.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post

yup, if city have a accilies its their defence, especially for a tough no nonsense style you need sometimes in pl. Quality pl defenders are hard to find, hence why liverpool spent so much on dilk and utd on mcguire.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yeah, loads of football still to be played mate, and I'm sure you'll be winning many more games than you'll be losing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this three in a row you're going for? If so, and you achieve it, has that ever been done before in the EPL?

And yes, Shakhtar [don't forget the 'h'] will be a tough nut to crack at home. We've played them there before a few times and they're very attacking minded and play at a high tempo. However, I think you'll have enough to win the game, and perhaps by a couple of goals.

Marco.
    Three in a row has been done twice by United.
    And yes, this our third consecutive title that we're chasing.
    Chris

Ah I see, thought it was the third you were going for, so if you equalled Utd's record that would be quite significant, and which would set you up for beating it the following season... Sounds like good motivation to me to win it again this year!

Here's a question: what would you take if you were offered it this season: the league title (again) or winning the CL?

Marco.

Here's a question: what would you take if you were offered it this season: the league title (again) or winning the CL?
    League Title every time.
    Champions League is a bonus.
    Chris

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast