Closed Thread
Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1354

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    This transfer window has been very disappointing although there are a few still left, I though a few more would have offloaded, we are badly needing a few more in. We have a team that are good enough to beat anyone in the league if they all play well but there were 8/9 having a bad day. Beating Celtic is one thing but that doesn’t win you the league.
    Not just that, so many played badly. The inclusion again of flannegan at full back caused much of the issues. Polster or the lad Patterson should have played, preferably the latter. Their left back needed pinning which would have changed a lot of the game.
    But too many players just came back from their dubai trip and just go through motions. Happened last year too.

Stevie seems to have a cleak, where some guys always get the nod over others, who may have been given half an hr once and he didn't fancy them. He is mono dimensional.
    The lad Edmunson is another who gets sweet fa. Docherty hasn't been on, period yet was player of year down south.
    The list goes on..

So until the best players get played instead of sg's pals then we are gonna continue as we are. Sadly alf and tav are proving to be the ones when out cause team to fail as we won't replace like for like, yet try to play with the same shape
    Last edited by struth; 27-01-2020 at 20:05.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good post, Grant. I like it when folks get stuff off their chests and talk about their team, even when things aren't going/haven't gone well! Sometimes I get the impression that this thread exists solely for the purpose of discussing wins, as some folks seem to hide when their team isn't doing so well and only surface when things are different!

And btw, I'm not referring to either Robin or you... Anyway, let's see more discussion in future, from EVERYONE, analysing their team's defeats, as much as their wins

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    So until the best players get played instead of sg's pals then we are gonna continue as we are.
    Yup, but I could say almost the exact same of Lennon...

The difference is that Celtic have better back-up players than Rangers in most positions, so are more able to cope with losing some of their key players, or Lennon simply fielding his (arguably inferior) pals. It's been like that most of the season for us, TBH, in terms of injuries. Very rarely has our manager been able to field an established/settled starting 11, and the team had any real consistency. which up until recently Rangers have had.

It's only now that some injuries and suspensions have combined to highlight the shortcomings in the Rangers squad, and which I feel must be addressed, before it's too late, if they're to have a realistic chance of winning the title... However, I can now see both teams going on winning runs in the SPL until they meet again at Ibrox on 15th March.

But if Rangers don't get to play their game in hand against St Johnstone before that date (which given the fixture backlog seems unlikely), and Celtic win all their games before then (as do Rangers), and therefore the 5 point gap remains, then for me the game at Ibrox will become a title decider, with only a win being good enough for Rangers, as at that stage of the season an 8 point lead for Celtic, IMO, would be too much for Rangers to claw back.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, as there's a LOT of football to be played before then, and with Morelos back for the visit of Ross County on Wednesday, I'm sure Rangers will very quickly return to winning ways!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Will be interesting to see what team Gerrard selects tomorrow night, although Morelos will be back, and it’s very clear that trying slot Defoe into a Morelos set up doesn’t work. Defoe is a very different type of player. The midfield hopefully cannot play as bad again but we don’t have that many to choose from which is becoming more and more noticeable.
    As for playing Flanagan don’t get me started.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Will be interesting to see what team Gerrard selects tomorrow night, although Morelos will be back, and it’s very clear that trying slot Defoe into a Morelos set up doesn’t work. Defoe is a very different type of player. The midfield hopefully cannot play as bad again but we don’t have that many to choose from which is becoming more and more noticeable.
    Jack is out so I guess Arfield will be in.. No doubt we play better away
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Eh? Not sure the stats bear that out...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Defoe is a great goal scorer [even at his age], as the stats show (I think 16 so far for the season, many of those off the bench), but he NEEDS SERVICE, and therefore preferably playing as part of a front two. He feeds off of balls played into him, and given good service, in that respect, will score more than he misses.

However, a lone striker he is not. He won't 'bully' defenders and force mistakes from them, like Morelos does. So when played in that position, particularly from the off, he struggles, although as he's shown, coming off the bench in that role he can be effective once opposing defences tire.

You should go for Shankland, from Dundee Utd, as I think he would be the ideal foil for Morelos, as part of a front two, or as a lone striker can stretch defences in a way that Defoe doesn't, and he's a born goalscorer, just dying for a step up in standard! Shouldn't cost too much either...

However, strikers aside, I think you're missing Tavernier more, as maligned as he often was, he's *crucial* to the way Rangers play, and your attacking threat and danger created from dead ball situations is suffering as a result.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Defoe is a great goal scorer [even at his age], as the stats show (I think 16 so far for the season, many of those off the bench), but he NEEDS SERVICE, and therefore preferably playing as part of a front two. He feeds off of balls played into him, and given good service, in that respect, will score more than he misses.

However, a lone striker he is not. He won't 'bully' defenders and force mistakes from them, like Morelos does. So when played in that position, particularly from the off, he struggles, although as he's shown, coming off the bench in that role he can be effective once opposing defences tire.

You should go for Shankland, from Dundee Utd, as I think he would be the ideal foil for Morelos, as part of a front two, or as a lone striker can stretch defences in a way that Defoe doesn't, and he's a born goalscorer, just dying for a step up in standard! Shouldn't cost too much either...

However, strikers aside, I think you're missing Tavernier more, as maligned as he often was, he's *crucial* to the way Rangers play, and your attacking threat and danger created from dead ball situations is suffering as a result.

Marco.
    utd now wanting 3m for shanks.. lol.. tbh i think we should have taken a chance on him when he was free, but not now. Last time he was in the prem he wasnt much use.
    I'd take the big Aussie from Livy before hime.. Dykes.. he can hold his own physically and has scored a fair few too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Only a couple of days left in the window now, the rumours are about an attacking midfielder rather than a striker, although I’ve not heard any specific names as yet.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    utd now wanting 3m for shanks.. lol.. tbh i think we should have taken a chance on him when he was free, but not now. Last time he was in the prem he wasnt much use.
    I'd take the big Aussie from Livy before hime.. Dykes.. he can hold his own physically and has scored a fair few too
    £3m? They're having a laugh! Must be because he's been capped by Scotland

Half that, maybe... Or £1.75m tops. Like you say, he needs to prove himself at the top level. Dykes? Possibly or what about Florian Kamberi from Hibs? I've always rated him.

Marco.
    Main System

Only a couple of days left in the window now, the rumours are about an attacking midfielder rather than a striker, although I’ve not heard any specific names as yet.
    I think you need both, Robin. But a decent attacking midfielder (capable of scoring 10+ goals a season) would be a valuable addition to your squad.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread