Closed Thread
Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Scottish League Cup semi-final: Hibs 2 Celtic 5

That'll do...

I'll comment more later, but it was a fantastic match to watch and seven-goal thriller! Could've been much more too, as we hit the woodwork twice and had a stonewall penalty missed by the ref.

Over to Rangers now to pump Hearts,, which I've no doubt they'll do. It's at Hampden this time, not Tynecastle, which will make a big difference, even with Hearts arguably being 'buoyed' by Levein's departure. Therefore I'd expect Rangers to win similarly emphatically tomorrow.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Oh, and just a shout out too for the superb Sadio Mané, who's last-gasp (94th minute) winner, away at Villa, keeps Liverpool top of the EPL by six points!

*That*, muchachos, is title-winning stuff!! Man City also did well to come back from 0-1 down at home to Southampton, and win 2-1, but for me Liverpool's epic away win is the more significant, and the two points subsequently gained I feel will be crucial come the end of the season.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

An expected win for Celts. Hopefully we can do likewise. I expect us to shoot out of the blocks... We better
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Yes well done to Celtic and plus 1 for what Grant said.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Cheers, guys. Hibs are one of our bogey teams, along with Livingston, so I knew we'd have to work hard and play well to win, which thankfully we did. For tomorrow, I'll go 4-1 Rangers

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

No predictions here. If we play how we can we will win OK. At our very best we are very good.

But, we are still very inclined to start poorly and have off games. The players are still novices in general and need time and belief to go to next stage
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    No predictions here. If we play how we can we will win OK. At our very best we are very good.

But, we are still very inclined to start poorly and have off games. The players are still novices in general and need time and belief to go to next stage
    I think that's a very good point, but it will come. Celtic have a team full of winners, who've been over the course many times and hoovering up all the prizes, domestically, for years - so know what it takes to win. In saying that though, Celtic are just as prone to having off-games and dropping points, as demonstrated already in the league against Hibs and Livi.

The good thing, from a Rangers perspective, is that there's been significant and continued improvement since Gerrard took over, both at home and especially in Europe. So it augurs well for the present and also the future, for as long as he's here. All that's missing is a trophy, which I'm certain he'll deliver this year. No way will we be winning another treble.

My gut says we'll clinch the title (but it'll have been very hard-fought), but Rangers will win one of the cups and run us close for the other.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Manager is green too, and shouldn't be forgotten. He is learning fast but it's a steep and windy path.
    We as a club can't expect to get the draw and exposure of a Gérard figure with the experience. If he had that he wouldn't be here as we wouldn't afford him. He'd be at a huge club in the epl.
    Until then we are lucky to have his draw and his passion.
    An awful lot of the players that we got only came due to the Gérard factor. He has already incresed turnover by 60% and it will get even better.
    We also have a lot of assets now who will make club big money in future.
    Our youth system is one of best in Europe and players will be appearing soon, hopefully and will also hopefully move on for money.
    Some folk want miracles yesterday.. They need to look to tomorrow
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Villa caused us a few problems last week, so it was no surprise that they caused problems for Liverpool today.

Southampton today were organised and disciplined, and with the height of their squad (have you seen how big Vestergaard is?) they repeatedly intercepted every high cross into the area.
    City's goals came late, and both were scored with the ball being delivered close to the ground.
    'Twas a frustrating afternoon.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Manager is green too, and shouldn't be forgotten. He is learning fast but it's a steep and windy path.
    We as a club can't expect to get the draw and exposure of a Gérard figure with the experience. If he had that he wouldn't be here as we wouldn't afford him. He'd be at a huge club in the epl.
    Until then we are lucky to have his draw and his passion.
    An awful lot of the players that we got only came due to the Gérard factor. He has already incresed turnover by 60% and it will get even better.
    We also have a lot of assets now who will make club big money in future.
    Our youth system is one of best in Europe and players will be appearing soon, hopefully and will also hopefully move on for money.
    Some folk want miracles yesterday.. They need to look to tomorrow
    Yeah, I agree with all of that. However, the bit in bold is purely and simply because of the 10-in-a-row thing, and Rangers fans being *desperate* to stop Celtic from winning it! Had that not been the case, and say Celtic were simply challenging for their second or third title in a row, the pressure would've been considerably reduced, and desire for such "miracles" to happen, also reduced accordingly.

Anyway, in terms of our cup game tonight against Hibs, the standouts from back to front, were Frimpong, who for such a young kid was once again excellent, showing that he can also defend as well as attack, and his pace is just frightening! I can't see him being outrun in many challenges for the ball, even when the opposing player has a couple of yards head start, and his trickery, confidence and skill on the ball is just a joy to watch. He also proved tonight that he can handle the pressure of playing in big games.

Jullien once again was magnificent and rarely gave the ball away or lost a challenge. He's going to be a massive player for us not only this season, but in the ones to come. I think he is the best central defender we've had since Van Dijk, and for me not far off his level when he was at Celtic, and set to get better with the more games he plays. McGregor and Rogic ran the show in midfield, ably assisted by the magnificent Broony, who was all over the park, nullifying the threat from Hibs and setting up counter attacks, plus he scored two great goals. Quite simply, he continues to defy his age and looks as fit and hungry to win as ever!!

Up front, Forrest was superb, very creative and dangerous as usual, and Edouard was his usual class self, and although he didn't manage to score, was responsible for creating the space that allowed Elyounoussi to have such a devastating impact on the game. He scored two goals, but could've easily had five, and the level of his play and trickery on the ball was simply scintillating. If he keeps playing to this standard and continues to improve, I think that we could've found ourselves the new Lubo Moravcik... Yes, this boy is potentially *that* good and a very exciting prospect indeed!!

And with Elyounoussi on this form. it's going to be very difficult now for Mikey Johnston, who himself is a superb and very talented young player, to get back into the team. It's a nice 'problem' for Lennon to have, though...

Marco.

P.S I'd love to see Gordon Strachan get the Hearts job!
    Main System

Closed Thread