Closed Thread
Page 73 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

Also we've been on a run of 3 away games with another 3 to come after our only home match next.
    Yes sports science is top now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I hear ya.... What about the contents of post 711?

Marco.
    Nobody won a title in November, and Liverpool have history weighing them down, just as City are allegedly not a great team for not having won the Champions League.
    The latter is utter bollocks.
    The former not so much so.

Seeing David Silva being subbed off injured, and Sergio Aguero being subbed off injured does not bode well, but we take each game as it comes.
    The upside of Silva not playing is Foden gets game time, and the kid needs game time to grow and flourish.
    He has to flourish, because Silva is off in the summer.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I wouldn't say that City aren't a great team for not having won the CL... *BUT* for a team who've spent the huge amount of money that they have, they're expected to win it - and should've won it by now, just as Liverpool have now on quite a few occasions

Like it or not, you won't be officially recognised as a 'great team', in certain circles, until you get that monkey off your back.... And the same also applies to Liverpool, in terms of winning the EPL.

However, I think that when Liverpool eventually do it, and win the title (and that will happen sooner rather than later), it'll be the first of many!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Nobody won a title in November, and Liverpool have history weighing them down, just as City are allegedly not a great team for not having won the Champions League.
    The latter is utter bollocks.
    The former not so much so.

Seeing David Silva being subbed off injured, and Sergio Aguero being subbed off injured does not bode well, but we take each game as it comes.
    The upside of Silva not playing is Foden gets game time, and the kid needs game time to grow and flourish.
    He has to flourish, because Silva is off in the summer.
    Agree foden needs games. He is good, and was surprised he didn't go on loan.
    Your right that league isn't won, but it's a 4 horse race with one a furlong ahead.
    Still a couple of defeats and it will be a pack again.

City are a great side and I'm sure will get the cl one day.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I wouldn't say that City aren't a great team for not having won the CL... *BUT* for a team who've spent the huge amount of money that they have, they're expected to win it - and should've won it by now, just as Liverpool have now on quite a few occasions

Like it or not, you won't be officially recognised as a 'great team', in certain circles, until you get that monkey off your back....

Marco.
    What monkey?
    Who gives a flying wotsit for what others think?
    The certain circles can fuck off and get over themselves - they spout shit about prioritising certain competitions, and at the end of the day it's just that, shit!

It would be nice to win the Champions League, but City want to win it all, and nothing takes precedence.
    One thing is certain, and that is that we'll fight to hang in there until the end, and that's the way it should be.

Liverpool haven't had what it takes to lift a domestic title for the last 29 years.
    Came close last year (for that matter, they came close under Rodgers a few years back), and maybe they can pull it in this time around, but there is the millstone weight of expectation hanging around their collective necks, and it gets heavier each season.

Thankfully for Liverpool, they won the consolation prize of pulling in another Champions League trophy last season.
    And that's all it is to Liverpool - a consolation prize.
    They pray to lift the domestic title, and as current holders it's City's job to try and deny them that privilege.
    Just as it should be.
    And it isn't over yet, not by a long way.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    City are a great side and I'm sure will get the cl one day.
    I agree, but to do so they'll have to become better defensively.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I agree, but to do so they'll have to become better defensively.

Marco.
    Now you're pointing out the patently obvious.
    Chris

What monkey?
    Who gives a flying wotsit for what others think?
    The certain circles can fuck off and get over themselves - they spout shit about prioritising certain competitions, and at the end of the day it's just that, shit!

It would be nice to win the Champions League, but City want to win it all, and nothing takes precedence.
    One thing is certain, and that is that we'll fight to hang in there until the end, and that's the way it should be.

Liverpool haven't had what it takes to lift a domestic title for the last 29 years.
    Came close last year (for that matter, they came close under Rodgers a few years back), and maybe they can pull it in this time around, but there is the millstone weight of expectation hanging around their collective necks, and it gets heavier each season.

Thankfully for Liverpool, they won the consolation prize of pulling in another Champions League trophy last season.
    And that's all it is to Liverpool - a consolation prize.
    They pray to lift the domestic title, and as current holders it's City's job to try and deny them that privilege.
    Just as it should be.
    And it isn't over yet, not by a long way.
    Don't disagree with much of that [and you've missed what I said about Liverpool in my last post, 723], save the fact that ALL the truly best teams in the world have won the CL, and Man City also need to win it, in order to join that elite group.

Just as a point of interest, winning which competition generates the most prize money: the CL or the EPL, and what are the approximate (or actual) figures?

Marco.
    Main System

Now you're pointing out the patently obvious.
    So what is Pep doing about it?

Marco.
    Main System

So what is Pep doing about it?

Marco.
    Not spending his way out of it.

The club will have been guided by Pep as to who he's interested in, and who he thinks might fit in, but they won't be held to ransom over price.

Laporte was shaping up well, and he is now on the long term injured list.
    Zinchenko is not fit, and that's a major blow - the lad is nothing if not versatile.
    Mendy played yesterday, but in truth he doesn't look anywhere near match fit.
    We could have done with Vinnie K staying for another season, because he adds another dimension in team cohesion, whether he plays or not, and nobody has stepped into and filled his boots.
    Chris

Closed Thread