Closed Thread
Page 44 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    The Sheik's money has made it all possible, but it hasn't bought success. That had to be worked for, and it continues to be worked on.
    That's highly debatable... I would argue that without his money, you wouldn't have been able to sign the players you have done, or attracted a top manager like Pep, all of which has significantly contributed to the success you've worked to achieve.

It would certainly have been very difficult otherwise, as it's no accident that the currently most successful clubs in the world have spent the most money.

The one thing I fail to understand is the 80 minuters - the folk that up and go home dead on 80 minutes, to "beat the crowds" - we've won many a game at the death, and yet they still do it
    Too many 'glory hunters' now within the ranks of the Man City fans, and who no doubt have 'better things to do' than support their team to the death, in the way of diehard REAL fans like you!

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    mark allen
    Is that what you guys call him? Lol...

Marco.

I'm Grant.

betting he will get the utd gig....eventually. they could do with one. Not sure who will replace him, but we have a reasonable length of time to find right match.
    Obviously The guy at Southhampton would be but he turned it down last time so highly unlikey tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's highly debatable... I would argue that without his money, you wouldn't have been able to sign the players you have done, or attracted a top manager like Pep, all of which has significantly contributed to the success you've worked to achieve.

It would certainly have been very difficult otherwise, as it's no accident that the currently most successful clubs in the world have spent the most money.

Too many 'glory hunters' now within the ranks of the Man City fans, and who no doubt have 'better things to do' than support their team to the death, in the way of diehard REAL fans like you!

Marco.
    We've always had 80 minuters, so you you can stick the glory hunter nonsense in your pipe.

And you're right - without the the big money we wouldn't have signed the players we did early on in the Sheik's ownership.
    It's interesting that we now turn down players when the agents start getting silly with the figures.
    What the Sheik has brought to the table besides money is organisation and structure, and plans to build something effective and sustainable.
    He's not in it for the short term.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

We've always had 80 minuters, so you you can stick the glory hunter nonsense in your pipe.
    Lol - well, if you've always had them, why are they a mystery to you [as stated in your previous post]? In all your years of going to games, have you never spoken to one?

And you're right - without the the big money we wouldn't have signed the players we did early on in the Sheik's ownership.
    It's interesting that we now turn down players when the agents start getting silly with the figures.
    What the Sheik has brought to the table besides money is organisation and structure, and plans to build something effective and sustainable.
    He's not in it for the short term.
    Yeah, fair enough, and quite right too - on both counts!

Marco.

Lol - well, if you've always had them, why are they a mystery to you [as stated in your previous post]? In all your years of going to games, have you never spoken to one?
    No, because they've always buggered off early
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Most clubs have them. I will admit on occasion I've done it too.
    Not if game was in balance tho. But mostly due to avoiding trouble
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

No, because they've always buggered off early
    Heh-heh, but.... In all that time, one of them's bound to have sat/stood next to you, surely, so you could've asked them where the fuck they were going?

Marco.

Heh-heh, but.... In all that time, one of them's bound to have sat/stood next to you, surely, so you could've asked them where the fuck they were going?
    Not so often as to see a pattern emerging.

They must be making a run to the car park/tram stop/bus stop because you can't move quickly once the final whistle blows.
    I chill, sit down after the game, and wait for just about everyone to leave the stand before I make a move towards the exit, and I'm normally driving off site an hour after the game. It's something that I've just grown to accept.
    Chris

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Read this interesting stat earlier on the BBC about Norwich V Man City (not that I'll keep harping on about the match for the next ten years, honest! ) - "Farke's starting line-up cost the princely sum of £6.45m while the champions were assembled at a cost of £406.1m." That really does underline the "David vs. Goliath" result. OK, promise I'll say no more now!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast