Closed Thread
Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm Grant.

does the owner agree tho.?? personally i'd happily lose a league at least once to bag the cl..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The Premier League is bread and butter.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah Chris, I thought that might be the answer... What about if you were asked the same question again, after having won title number 4 (in a row)? Would having 5 titles mean more than a CL win? City have never won the CL, so that has to be a big priority for a club of their standing.

For me, with Celtic, when/if we secure 10-in-a-row, after that the priority will be achieving notable success in Europe, ahead of any doubles or trebles.

Of course, while there is only one qualifying place for the CL available in Scotland, winning the league title remains paramount, but if/once we get 10, I'd trade winning the league the following season, for reaching the last 16 of the CL or, say, the quarter-finals of the Europa League - or certainly anything greater than that!

Marco.

Domestic League is bread and butter.
    Because it's such a strong and competitive league the TV revenues are enormous, and the audience is worldwide.
    The Premier League is where our priorities must always lie.
    Chris

You sound like a parrot, lol

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You sound like a parrot, lol

Marco.
    It's nearly as tedious as listening to you droning on about Celtic's glorious past

Much as it galls me to say it, if winning the Premier League and winning the Champions League in the same season is the sign of greatness, then the only great team in England is Manchester United.
    Nobody else has done it.
    And don't forget - the Premier League and The Champions League both came into being in 1992.
    Prior to 1992 the European Cup was a knockout competition.

You have to temper things with United falling into being a shambles following Ferguson's retirement.
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    It's nearly as tedious as listening to you droning on about Celtic's glorious past

Much as it galls me to say it, if winning the Premier League and winning the Champions League in the same season is the sign of greatness, then the only great team in England is Manchester United.
    Nobody else has done it.
    And don't forget - the Premier League and The Champions League both came into being in 1992.
    Prior to 1992 the European Cup was a knockout competition.

You have to temper things with United falling into being a shambles following Ferguson's retirement.
    what glorious past

Fergie abandoned the rebuilding of the side for his own ends and cost the club years of problems
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what glorious past

Fergie abandoned the rebuilding of the side for his own ends and cost the club years of problems
    I agree. Rangers have a more glorious past [being the operative word], considering that they're really only 7 years old!

Thoroughly agree with your last point. Even if he'd left the club in a healthy position, it was always going to be impossible to emulate him.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what glorious past

I suspect the Glazers theft of the club aggressive takeover on the stock markets might have had a large influence on what Ferguson could and could not do with respect to side building.
    Chris

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I agree. Rangers have a more glorious past [being the operative word], considering that they're really only 7 years old!

Thoroughly agree with your last point. Even if he'd left the club in a healthy position, it was always going to be impossible to emulate him.

Marco.
    We are either a team with a glorious past or a team that's doing not too bad for one that's only 7 years old.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast