Closed Thread
Page 118 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1354

Thread: Footie season 2019/2020

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

So, do you think the title's over now, even if you win both the remaining old firm games?

Kamberi's goal was excellent.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So, do you think the title's over now, even if you win both the remaining old firm games?

Kamberi's goal was excellent.

Marco.
    Yes I though both goals we scored today were decent. Yes the league has gone even if we beat Celtic twice which might happen. I don’t do the walking away but it’s not an easy watch at the moment.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm still not counting chickens...

But even if you beat us twice (which, yes, could happen, although Celtic losing two games in a row against Rangers hasn't occurred for a very long time), and even if you also win your game in hand, against the same opposition you dropped two points against today, we'd still be three points ahead [with a much superior GD], and of course you'd have to win EVERY game up until the match at Ibrox, in order maintain that points difference...

On our current form, and yours, that seems unlikely, but you never know in football. That remarkable comeback win over Braga should've spurred on your team for today's game, but for me it seems that too many Rangers players have lost heart and, in their heads have given up on the title. They're skilful, no doubt, but not enough have the mental strength and belief to win a title, which for me is the biggest difference just now between the two teams - that and the disparity of strength in depth of the respective squads is starting to show now, more and more.

On top of that, having Morelos off the boil just now and Defoe injured, combined with not enough of your other players taking up the slack, in terms of scoring goals, has been the catalyst for your current slump. However, I also think that Gerrard has to take his share of the blame, as many of his signings have been expensive flops, and (so far) I include Kent in that. £7m? No chance. Ojo? Remind me who he is again... Plus, Davis hasn't influenced games enough in the way he should have, and with Helander out, your defence has been suspect. Goldson also isn't anywhere near Rangers class. A mere pretender.

Here's the thing however... For me, Rangers will NOT move forward and get to where they want to be, in terms of winning the title, not just beating Celtic in head-to-head encounters, until they can match or better Celtic's spending power, as quite simply, that's why our squad has better players and can cope better with injuries and suspensions, without the team dropping points. It was exactly the same, although the roles were reversed, when Rangers won nine-in-row.

So...... IMO, in order to level the playing field in that respect, Rangers need to find an investor (or investors) who are able to inject, say, £50m into the club, and that money needs to be spent WISELY, solely on players who are genuine Rangers class and have a ruthless winning mentality, such as McGregor, who for me, along with Tavernier and Morelos, are the only three players you've got who *truly* deserve to wear a Rangers shirt, and know what that means and can handle the pressure.

But, and it's a big BUT, if Celtic go onto win the title this season, and even if Rangers win the Scottish Cup, and such an investor (or investors) later materialise, would the board *trust* Gerrard to spend that money wisely...? And if not, do they then risk going for another manager, to build again from scratch, with only one season to prevent Celtic from winning 10-in-a-row?

Your thoughts please, gentlemen

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

League, was gone after hearts tbh and I said so.
    Celtic have learned their lesson and came back swinging. We sat down and got pissed
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Where do Rangers go from here though, Grant, presuming, say, that they only win the Scottish cup this season, or perhaps nowt? Do you agree that, realistically, as I've outlined, they won't catch Celtic until they can match them financially?

For me, that's the root of the problem, just as it was for Celtic in the 90s, when Rangers dominated...So until that happens, Rangers are really just pissing in the wind. Usurping Celtic simply can't be done 'on the cheap'.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Where do Rangers go from here though, Grant, presuming, say, that they only win the Scottish cup this season, or perhaps nowt? Do you agree that, realistically, as I've outlined, they won't catch Celtic until they can match them financially?

For me, that's the root of the problem, just as it was for Celtic in the 90s, when Rangers dominated...So until that happens, Rangers are really just pissing in the wind.

Marco.
    regroup.. and adjust the group.. they are not that far off in many ways, just strength in depth really. they need a few more players yet and a few to go as well if possible. Good Euro money this year will help. Management team need to get better, quickly too. They need plan B and C.. Not just stick to 433..they are not Liverpool; They dont have the same quality of player that SG himself was, and he needs to realise this.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    regroup.. and adjust the group.. they are not that far off in many ways, just strength in depth really. they need a few more players yet and a few to go as well if possible. Good Euro money this year will help. Management team need to get better, quickly too. They need plan B and C.. Not just stick to 433..they are not Liverpool; They dont have the same quality of player that SG himself was, and he needs to realise this.
    I agree with all of that, but in terms of the key bit in bold (strength in depth), they're still a LONG way off... If Rangers and Celtic were to reach the Scottish Cup final, you couldn't realistically predict a winner, as Rangers have shown this season that they can not only equal, but better, Celtic in one-off head-to-heads.

However, right now, if things remain the same and you were to predict who was going to win the league any season in the foreseeable future, you'd have to say that Celtic would be strong favourites, not because Rangers couldn't match them for part of a season, or in one-off games, but not over the whole course of a season, simply because their squad just isn't strong enough.

So until that situation is successfully addressed, and crucially as I've mentioned before, you can rhyme off six or seven Rangers players who would walk into Celtic's first team (currently, at best, I could only think of two who'd have any chance), as it was during the Smith and Advocaat eras, things will not change, and Rangers will not get to where they need to be.

As I said, you cannot usurp Celtic 'on the cheap' [i.e. what you've spent so far], as significant for Rangers as that's been, so for me, aside from the correct observations you've made above, *major* financial investment, far in excess of that generated by a run in the Europa league (as in the meantime Celtic won't be standing still, especially whilst pocketing CL money), will be needed to give Rangers a realistic chance of winning titles again.

That's how I see it.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

up to a point yes, but money doesnt always win out. often does of course, but until rangers find a way to beat the high block consistently it is going to be this way. Man u have spent a fair whack in last few years and are still shoite, so its as much what you do with what you have..ie sheff utd and leicester, although city did spend a fair amount, its not as much as others so far..
    Manager is a big thing as his experience isnt as good and he seems a tad inflexible(so far)
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

The expectations went through the roof as usual after the Celtic game, however back in the real world, it’s clear we don’t have the strength in depth.
    If Gerrard has any sense he should give Walter a call and ask how to win in Europe.
    As for the financial side of things I don’t see any big changes any time soon.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    up to a point yes, but money doesnt always win out. often does of course, but until rangers find a way to beat the high block consistently it is going to be this way. Man u have spent a fair whack in last few years and are still shoite, so its as much what you do with what you have..ie sheff utd and leicester, although city did spend a fair amount, its not as much as others so far..
    Manager is a big thing as his experience isnt as good and he seems a tad inflexible(so far)
    No, but money well spent (on good players) does! Coupled of course, as you say, by having a talented and experienced manager. Quite simply, that's why Liverpool and Celtic are currently clear at the top of their respective leagues and brushing the opposition aside.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread