+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Date is 20th October - doors open at 0900 hrs although you can drop off kit there from 1200 hrs on the 19th.
    many thanks, I'm out 'cos date blocked personally - will remove from s/sheet - have fun guys and plenty of photos please
    cheers Paul

My main system:
    Linn LP12/PU2/Goldring Eroica + Puresound T10 + EAR834P / Innuos ZENmini2 + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Musical Fidelity A5 + L2 mods / Boenicke W8 speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maverick2000 View Post
    I'll bow to your greater experience as I've probably been to only just over 30 now over the last 5 years or so, the last one was in blazing sunshine and as far as I know, nobody dropped out.
    The irony of being the first to drop out

I'm Martin.

Well drop back in then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Well drop back in then.
    Who me?

I didn't drop out, I just don't know what I can take ATM so thought it best to remove my list of gear.

I've sold my BigBottle phonostage to someone in need of Valve goodness, my DCB1 is in bits and the SP10 was being refurbed at the time.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Who me?

I didn't drop out, I just don't know what I can take ATM so thought it best to remove my list of gear.

I've sold my BigBottle phonostage to someone in need of Valve goodness, my DCB1 is in bits and the SP10 was being refurbed at the time.
    Sounds like the state of my system Oli, Danish Oiled my speaker cabinets today, many coats of Polyurethane Varnish to come before they can be re-assembled.
    Last edited by Qwin; 19-09-2019 at 14:04.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Sounds like the state of my system Oli, Danish Oiled my speaker cabinets today, many coats of Polyurethane Varnish to come before they can be resembled.
    Yep,

It was absolutely stunning so I don't know what ever possessed me to mess with the DCB1 LOL.

The phonostage was booked to go out on loan but now it's been sold, I haven't got time to build another before the event. The PCB is getting a little tweak so all that takes time.

Hopefully you get your speakers sorted. They will be very interesting to a lot of people.

I'm Ken.

Yes, I noticed quite a few NS-1000m owners attending.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Yes, I noticed quite a few NS-1000m owners attending.
    I'm also looking in that direction for my next move so it's of interest

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Yep,

It was absolutely stunning so I don't know what ever possessed me to mess with the DCB1 LOL.

The phonostage was booked to go out on loan but now it's been sold, I haven't got time to build another before the event. The PCB is getting a little tweak so all that takes time.

Hopefully you get your speakers sorted. They will be very interesting to a lot of people.
    LOL that’s what happens, can’t help fiddling. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    LOL that’s what happens, can’t help fiddling. :-)
    Yup, learned my lesson!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast