+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

I'm Lawrence.

Come on guys this is supposed to be a friendly forum and the bake off a bit of fun surely?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm John.

I am looking forward to this, the Tribute AVC is off much interest, as well as a chance once more to be with the ModWright and Paradise under the same roof.
    My friend seems to be on the mend from his Operation, he thinks he can return to driving a vehicle in about three weeks, so the VAS II might be available as well.
    I am going to inform the few members of my Local East Anglia Group about the date of the Event being the 20-10-2019.
    If there is a interest shown to attend,
    are there any objections to a few +1's as a addition to the audience ?

I'm Ken.

Just pulled the trigger on a Nuprime CDT-8 Pro (CD Transport) so will bring that along instead of my Stello CDT-100.
    Updated the spreadsheet to show this.

"Is this going to happen"
    Patience guys, it's only a little over 5 weeks since Mark first asked if anyone was interested in a gathering.
    Seems to be firming up nicely, you have to give folks a chance to see the posting, not everyone checks out AoS daily.
    And a few folks who said they were interested have not put their names down yet, or expressed a preference for a date, so you have to give them a chance.
    Last edited by Qwin; 14-09-2019 at 10:47.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a Nuprime CDT-8 Pro (CD Transport) so will bring that along instead of my Stello CDT-100.
    Updated the spreadsheet to show this.
    Really interesting bit of kit that Nuprime Ken, i2s output too.
    I know website has a disclaimer on its compatibility, but do you know off hand if it’s PS Audio compatible?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Really interesting bit of kit that Nuprime Ken, i2s output too.
    I know website has a disclaimer on its compatibility, but do you know off hand if it’s PS Audio compatible?
    The pin out diagrams look the same, for the pins that count and there's at least one posting on PSA forum saying it works with his Stellar GCD, several have used it with DS jr etc.
    The i2s was the big draw for me, that and the fact it is a front loader.
    The Jays Audio with i2s HDMI socket was favourite but its a full size top loader and I just don't have the space for it. I'm not sure about pin out on this, if it had been a goer I would have asked them for a diagram.
    Still not built my i2s music streamer/server, would you believe, I have lost the HDMI socketed i2s line driver board I purchased. Had the house upside down looking, will have to buy another.

You should team up with Ali and get yourself down to Sheffield to hear mine.

Edit: Nuprime are supposed to be launching a CDT-10 model this Month, no sign of it yet, they've been promising it since January. Problems debugging the firmware, apparently.
    Last edited by Qwin; 14-09-2019 at 15:14. Reason: CDT-10

I'm Ken.

Gaz - I tried to PM you but your inbox is full.

My Nuprime CDT-8 Pro arrived this afternoon from Germany.
    Just plugged it into my Stellar GCD, HDMI i2s Input, using the provided 2 foot HDMI lead.

DSD output works great on all sampling levels.
    PCM output has a massive amount of background mush and distortion on all sampling levels. Not sure why that should be, but native DSD over i2s is supposed to be the way to go anyway, so I'm happy with the result. I may have some settings wrong for PCM.

I can only test the sound using some 4" PRV full range drivers, one for LF one for HF on my active set up, as my main speakers are being varnished.

Sounds very good on the PRV's as much as I can tell, put it this way, its the best they have sounded.

Can't wait to get my main speakers finished and set up for Sheffield.
    Last edited by Qwin; 18-09-2019 at 18:17.

I'm Des.

When can we expect a firm date for this and what kit is to be brought, as there is no point dragging kit along for it to just sit vulnerable in peoples cars.

I'm James.

Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Paul.

cheers Paul

My main system:
    Linn LP12/PU2/Goldring Eroica + Puresound T10 + EAR834P / Innuos ZENmini2 + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Musical Fidelity A5 + L2 mods / Boenicke W8 speakers

I'm Martin.

Date is 20th October - doors open at 0900 hrs although you can drop off kit there from 1200 hrs on the 19th.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast