+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

I'm Ken.

Like to add my thanks to the organisers for a great event. Good venue, good music, good Crack.
    A great success.
    The doughnuts were yummy too.

I'm Chris.

I'm Deleted.

Thank you so much for bringing your system Ken, a truly fascinating experience listening to yours and Si’s side by side and yours with the valve amp on the mids/tweeters .
    Account Deleted

I'm Chris.

I'm Chris.

I'm Chris.

I'm Edward.

Looks like a great day was had by all. Highly interested to read of how some of the items sounded (for instance Ken's actives and THOSE electrostatics).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Lawrence.

Got to ask, what's the Eclipse CD player for? They were £9.99 from Richer Sounds IIRC. Or was it £4.99??

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Thank you so much for bringing your system Ken, a truly fascinating experience listening to yours and Si’s side by side and yours with the valve amp on the mids/tweeters .
    Glad to participate. Yes, it was good to compare notes with Simon, there were certainly elements within the sound of his set up, I would like to inject into mine and vice versa. That's the beauty of these gatherings, every system played brought something different to the table and was equally good in its own right, I could quite happily have lived with any of them. My class D set up sounded quite nice, but introducing Ali's Unison Research Valve Amp (Big thanks for bringing that along) to run just the Mids/Twts raised the bar. So plenty for me to consider there.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

No worries Ken, glad to help. I’ve heard a few iterations of your active Yammies, you now have it nailed, they sounded great.

Thanks to Simon et al for organising, it was a great day out with some great sounds, and as always came away with some new music to listen to.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast