+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I’ve just visited the venue where one system is already in place and a second is being constructed - the sound is excellent .
    Great stuff!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hope you have a great day - shame it is so far away for me as I would have loved to join you.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Have a brilliant day guys

I'm Chris.

Shall I bring my TT or have you got enough gear?

I'm Des.

Just got back from having a great day.

A huge huge thanks to the organisers for putting this venue on.

It was great meeting everyone and putting faces to names. All the systems sounded excellent, I could of lived with any of them. It was good to see a few twists and different approaches on the Yamaha NS 1000's it just shows how inventive/creative people are and how versatile the Yamahas are. I loved the Quad set up as well, the clarity was sublime.

Again a huge thanks to the venue owner and the organisers, without you guys this would not of happened. I look forward to the next one.

I'm Deleted.

Some pictures here:

http://www.audioflat.co.uk/phpBB3/vi...p=16125#p16125

A massive thank you to my friends Si and Paul for the organisation of this event and to all of those who went to so much trouble to bring their equipment - absolute stars, every one of you .
    Account Deleted

I'm Grant.

lots of gear... nice pub by look of it. pity i dont drink no more, or i could have enjoyed getting pissed there
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Barrington.

More Pics below.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Good pics!

I'm Andy.

Would just like to say a massive thanks to the organisers and all who turned up!
    Heard some great systems and met some really nice people so all in all a great way to spend the day.

Bummer I forgot the cd player for the PI to show folks how good it sounds - always next year

Also the venue was easy to get to and was pretty good - good choice
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.