+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I would like to think that a 30 minute period could be allocated for a mini Bake Off with the SP10 vs TTS 8000.
    As these two TT's have been proposed to be brought along, as each of the owners will potentially have the same Tonearm, the PMAT 1010, and the same Cartridge can be used.
    As long as the identical Stand and Sub Plinths are used, it should be relatively easy to assess each TT against each other, the SP10 vs TTS 8000, I know this has been done in private in the past, but what was not clear was whether the Two TT's shared the same Stand and Sub Plinth. My personal experiences require this identical mounting as the benchmark condition for any TT Comparisons, as alternative stand types attenuate differently, as well as influence ambient vibration to different effect.
    When the audience have been familiarised with each TT and have expressed their preference, the 'Feet of Silence' could be put into service to see how they effect the performance of each TT, and any other TT or Front End up for audition on the day, from my previous experiences, the inclusion of the 'Feet of Silence' will take a minute to add, so these would not delay any proceedings.
    As my K'b Cartridge has been professionally aligned for a PMAT 1010, it could be the Cartridge used for the Bake Off.
    its a great idea and one im happy to do,however each headshell will be set up for its own arm/turntable,the azimuth is unique to that headshell,i know mine is,it wont necessarily sound as good in another arm imo
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    its a great idea and one im happy to do,however each headshell will be set up for its own arm/turntable,the azimuth is unique to that headshell,i know mine is,it wont necessarily sound as good in another arm imo
    Yes, I have to agree. I do have a spare headshell and can bring it with me (date permitting ofc)

However, I'm not dislodging the Kb from my headshell as its far to easy for an accident to happen. John, you'd be welcome to set up your cart (or Jamies cart, which would be my preference so I can hear it) on my TT for the comparisons.

However, I'll just point out that for every one person who likes the Sony, there will be another that prefers the SP10.

Ive done these comparisons in the very conditions you describe. Same Arm, cartridge, cables and platform. I've even had the TTS8000 in a Panzerholtz plinth to see what happened and I'm satisfied with my experiments and results, so if I can lend the TT to cure anyone else if their wonderment, I'm happy to do so.

Whatever they choose!

I'm Deleted.

I think that would be a very interesting comparison.
    Account Deleted

I'm jamie.

i think they are so close it really boils down to how well the arm/cartridge is set up,for the record i wont be removing my cartridge or headshell either.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm John.

The idea of putting the two TT's forward for a comparison is appealing.
    I own both, but was happy to bring my PTP Solid 9 and variations on Speed Controllers to add further interest to the TT's on the day.
    James is keeping his Headshell firmly fixed to his arm tube, no exchanges are going to happen.
    Ollie has a spare headshell, but if he is willing to exchange his headshell for another, then all three availble variants of the K'b can be listened to, as my MS-9>K'b has been set up by Angus for a Angus Serviced SP10>PMAT 1010.
    If Ollie is not willing to exchange a headshell, and hearing all three versions of the K'b is seen as the more valued part of the day, over hearing the PTP Solid 9, then I will bring my SP10 along in place of the PTP.
    Is somebody else were to bring a Idler Drive, I will be more than happy to continue with making the two types of speed controller available.
    Over the past year, I have been involved in proposing a few ideas for a Bake Off, as well as contributing to supplying devices for other organised Bake Offs.
    From my end, they have all proved to be great fun, worthwhile attending, and in many cases certain devices, left strong memories through their performances, that are shaping how I perceive a replay should be produced.
    Just not to leave the Digital front end out, if a Digital COAX or USB can be used on a front end, I can bring my Custom Built, Valve Power regulated, Valve Output DAC along.
    This was getting serious interest at Kegworth when it was attached to a £40 used value CDP.
    Note: I have only used the Digital COAX, so can not vouch for the USB, but If it all functions as should, I'm sure it will deliver a performance that will create a interest.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    The idea of putting the two TT's forward for a comparison is appealing.
    I own both, but was happy to bring my PTP Solid 9 and variations on Speed Controllers to add further interest to the TT's on the day.
    James is keeping his Headshell firmly fixed to his arm tube, no exchanges are going to happen.
    Ollie has a spare headshell, but if he is willing to exchange his headshell for another, then all three availble variants of the K'b can be listened to, as my MS-9>K'b has been set up by Angus for a Angus Serviced SP10>PMAT 1010.
    If Ollie is not willing to exchange a headshell, and hearing all three versions of the K'b is seen as the more valued part of the day, over hearing the PTP Solid 9, then I will bring my SP10 along in place of the PTP.
    Is somebody else were to bring a Idler Drive, I will be more than happy to continue with making the two types of speed controller available.
    Over the past year, I have been involved in proposing a few ideas for a Bake Off, as well as contributing to supplying devices for other organised Bake Offs.
    From my end, they have all proved to be great fun, worthwhile attending, and in many cases certain devices, left strong memories through their performances, that are shaping how I perceive a replay should be produced.
    Just not to leave the Digital front end out, if a Digital COAX or USB can be used on a front end, I can bring my Custom Built, Valve Power regulated, Valve Output DAC along.
    This was getting serious interest at Kegworth when it was attached to a £40 used value CDP.
    Note: I have only used the Digital COAX, so can not vouch for the USB, but If it all functions as should, I'm sure it will deliver a performance that will create a interest.
    Yep, I'm willing to trade a head shell. Drop me a PM with your Plan, John

I'm James.

Might come along to this one Mark if the date is OK?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Mark,

Can I come along?

Thanks

A
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Deleted.

Yes, of course, more than welcome.
    Account Deleted

I'm Deleted.

Well I’ve just done a tally of all those who have expressed interest in attending and we already have thirty, so I think this is definitely a goer .
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast