+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We did do a big AoS bake off back in November 2016 https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...s-and-Comments and more people turned up then said they would. About 50% more.
    If they stop then I'll look at it again and if so your experience and assistance would be invaluable and much appreciated.
    missed that, the benefits of working full time with a December year-end looming!
    health allowing I plan to still be around!

my experience is with other events not the 'wam show but I do exhibit
    cheers Paul

My main system:
    Linn LP12/PU2/Goldring Eroica + Puresound T10 + EAR834P / Innuos ZENmini2 + Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Musical Fidelity A5 + L2 mods / Boenicke W8 speakers

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick2000 View Post
    the offer was real
    if the wam show had been at Scalford the 1st year it went to Kegworth then due to the area being remote and well deep in snowdrifts that I think would have killed it

my guess (it is only thus) is that finding a venue that would allow us to do what we do is far from easy, there is a view that only those venues financially struggling would agree because they are desperate for the income (look at Scalford Hall's troubled history), As a former CFO I can smell cash troubles a mile off.
    It's a lucky place that don't need the business but I suppose there must be a few. Agree about Scalford, it worked first time for them and that was enough to establish it.

I do have a venue lined up that might tick all the boxes but as I say as long as Wigwam are doing an enthusiast show every year I don't know that it would be worth it so I haven't been along to check it out in any detail. The amount of organisation involved puts me off as I still work full time so not keen on taking on what would be the equivalent of a part time job for six months on top of that.

But it will happen at some point and if people with more time available are interested in helping me out it would make it much more likely to happen sooner.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Sunday 20-10-2019 is Greaat !!, So we have a event
    I will bring all the kit on the spreadsheet, and keep it on display in the venue.
    If anybody would like to audition any of the devices, I am happy to fit in on a as and when basis.
    I would like to put the LDA Speed Controller and NSC out for a comparison, as my main contribution.
    I could bring my custom built valve regulated power supply/ valve output Philips 1541 DAC along, if this is off interest to any attendees, it has Coax and USB Connection.
    I did not receive any response to wishing to offer the experience to a few of my local HiFi Group to attend as +1's. Any Objections ?

I'm keith.

Sunday 20-10-2019 is Greaat.

I'm Ken.

Sunday 20-10-2019 is good for me.

Modified NS-1000M on course for completion.

One thing I would love to try........
    Is any one taking a 2 channel valve power amp that could be used to power the mids/tweeters?
    Something along the lines of an EL34 or similar providing 25w or more into 8ohms.

I would love to hear these speakers run with Valves + class D for Bass duties.

There's a KT88 on the list, that might work if its going.

I think it would make a really interesting combination for the NS-1000M owners out there.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes, should have a Beard P35 by then, I’ll bring it along.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yes, should have a Beard P35 by then, I’ll bring it along.
    Cheers Ali

I'm Andrew.

Well I will be at Disneyland on the day of the bake off, BUGGER!!!!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Sunday 20-10-2019 is good for me.

Modified NS-1000M on course for completion.

One thing I would love to try........
    Is any one taking a 2 channel valve power amp that could be used to power the mids/tweeters?
    Something along the lines of an EL34 or similar providing 25w or more into 8ohms.

I would love to hear these speakers run with Valves + class D for Bass duties.

There's a KT88 on the list, that might work if its going.

I think it would make a really interesting combination for the NS-1000M owners out there.
    the kt88 is mine,at 115 watts it powers the ns1000's fine
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    the kt88 is mine,at 115 watts it powers the ns1000's fine
    Mine are semi active, so it would only be required for Mid/Twt.
    700w/channel class D runs my bass drivers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast