+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

  1. #111
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,265
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    im hoping to go but need to book a dog sitter for overnight.
    Do they do that? I had no idea that was a thing!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  2. #112
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,265
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    It would be nice if folk could be civil to each other. I think we all could do without the snide remarks too!

    I was looking forward to this Bake-off but the attitude of some people on here really piss me off!
    Yup.

    Seems to be a bit of it about at the minute. Wonder if it's the lack of decent weather this year or that people are new and don't know the ethos of the site.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  3. #113
    Join Date: Jan 2014

    Location: london se6

    Posts: 695
    I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

    Default

    The thread is marked as an intrest check so I wouldn't necessarily expect a date set really. Don't think 2 weeks is a long time either. I'd be interested btw depending on date and train fares!

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

  4. #114
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 88,425
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    It would be nice if folk could be civil to each other. I think we all could do without the snide remarks too!

    I was looking forward to this Bake-off but the attitude of some people on here really piss me off!
    Hi Rob,

    Please quote examples of what you're referring to, so that something can be done about it. I'm certainly unaware of the behaviour you're referring to, or for that matter, what Ollie has agreed with. I hope it's not the little dig I had at Mark earlier, as that was just banter!

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

    BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

  5. #115
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,265
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Rob,

    Please quote examples of what you're referring to, so that something can be done about it. I'm certainly unaware of the behaviour you're referring to, or for that matter, what Ollie has agreed with. I hope it's not the little dig I had at Mark earlier, as that was just banter!

    Marco.
    I agreed with Rob because there has been a bit of it about lately. A few sarcastic or strategically placed digs. The one like "Mavericks" above smacked of sarcasm for instance, it was only lacking a rolling eyes emoji for confirmation, but I was talking on a wider scale than just AoS actually.

    If it was anything I felt that strongly about, I'd have reported it or savaged someone, as I'm one to do. So don't worry too much.

    Your comment could easily have been taken out of the context it was meant btw. I presume Mark understood it was banter but as we don't know your relationship it could be viewed either way by the populus.

    Like I say, I felt robs observation was in line with my own, so agreed.
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  6. #116
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 88,425
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    That's fair enough, Ollie. Always report real examples of unacceptable behaviour to either myself or one of the mods. Never "savage" anyone, as you'll end up in as much trouble as the initial perpetrator!

    I await to find out what Rob is specifically referring to. In instances like this, I'd prefer it if folk spat out exactly what they meant, so that something can be done about it, rather than simply made vague references. Or otherwise say nothing, as all it amounts to is a moan. And we don't like moaners!

    Yes, what I engaged Mark in earlier was just a little bit of banter between friends, which I'm sure is how he took it. We've known each other for years, so he knows the score!

    And if I'm gently breaking someones balls, or engaging them in banter, then that's between them and me; not for others to judge, especially when they don't know the relationship. And since we're on the subject, one of my pet hates are people who take themselves way too seriously, are often easily offended, and too uptight to have a laugh. Dudes, you need to lighten up!

    Remember folks, this is just hi-fi, not life or death

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

    BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

  7. #117
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,265
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's fair enough, Ollie. Always report real examples of unacceptable behaviour to either myself or one of the mods. Never "savage" anyone, as you'll end up in as much trouble as the initial perpetrator!

    I await to find out what Rob is specifically referring to. In instances like this, I'd prefer it if folk spat out exactly what they meant, so that something can be done about it, rather than simply made vague references. Or otherwise say nothing, as all it amounts to is a moan. And we don't like moaners!

    Yes, what I engaged Mark in earlier was just a little bit of banter between friends, which I'm sure is how he took it. We've known each other for years, so he knows the score!

    And if I'm gently breaking someones balls, or engaging them in banter, then that's between them and me; not for others to judge, especially when they don't know the relationship. And since we're on the subject, one of my pet hates are people who take themselves way too seriously, are often easily offended, and too uptight to have a laugh. Dudes, you need to lighten up!

    Remember folks, this is just hi-fi, not life or death

    Marco.
    Ha, yes, savage may be a bit... Well... Savage lol.

    I'd address it there and then anyway.

    Thing is when you post on a forum, that comment will always be judged, it's the nature of the beast.

    Anyway, like you say, it's only a forum!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

  8. #118
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 88,425
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Well, by the same token, if you judge it wrongly, then don't be afraid to be told so!

    Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

    BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

  9. #119
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 9,265
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Well, by the same token, if you judge it wrongly, then don't be afraid to be told so!

    Marco.
    Absolutely!
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & Firebottle LPSU with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass Derived DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Neurochrome Modulus 686 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

    Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

    Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •