+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

Bigman80 Guest

I believe the list is for what you will bring so the organisers can organise some sort of running order for the day.

That's how I read the posts elsewhere.

Seems odd to list stuff that you aren't taking.

I'm Ken.

I'm jamie.

yep put like that it becomes obvious
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andy.

OK - so it is a list of what people are bringing (I thought it was supposed to be that, just that the amount of kit put down so far seemed a lot ).

Will see if I can edit the file on another machine in the house
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Deleted.

Yep, it’s not to list everything you own - just that which which you could bring so a running order can be created (as Oliver says).
    Account Deleted

I'm John.

The Venue is well described,It looks like it could have a very nice acoustic.
    As it is new venue for most showing a interest, a little more local knowledge will help with preparations.
    Any updates on how the parking will work?
    In my case I will have approximately a 3.5 hr road journey. I'm sure there are a few similar journey's by others.
    How Long is it feasible to temporary park next to the Venue to Off Load/Load Devices ? or will individuals bringing devices be encouraged to arrive prior to the start time to ensure them the best chance to get a closer parking space, allowing for a easier logistics of their devices ?
    Do the devices being brought have to be carried up stairs to the room ?
    Any knowledge available on the locality of where to get Lunch/Dinner ?
    I'm easy to cater for, the local Chippie will do
    As the Spreadsheet is being filled, it is looking like the day will be carrying out a variety of Device Auditions, as well as have the potential for a Bake Off or two with other Devices.
    It would seem to fit all the devices in, allowing for a fair assessment,
    the day will extend beyond a usual day, that is a 10.00 am - 17.00 pm'ish time table.
    A schedule of the days Auditions would help anybody, with a interest to listen to a particular device, have a 'ball park time' on how there attendance, will have to be arranged for, if they wish to audition a specific device.
    A common interest device, that is showing as a late in the day time slot, might not be in the right time slot, for certain individuals willing to attend.
    I'll butt out now, with my two cents worth.

I'm Deleted.

There is street parking all around the venue as well as a few small car parks. All parking is free on a Sunday (all the proposed dates are Sundays). The room is on the first floor but there is a short spiral staircase, one turn of 180 degrees. The staircase has shallow steps, is wide and open to one side, it’s not difficult to get large items up it. At the bottom of the staircase there are large double doors that lead directly to the street (where a car could be parked to unload with no issue).

The venue is only a few yards from London Road which is Sheffield’s main food and drink street. There are dozens of restaurants and fast-food establishments of all kinds - there are also a number of local pubs.

10:00 am to 5:00 pm is likely to be the proposed time span (perhaps 9:00 till 7:00 - I’ll have to check when they will need us out).

Sorry John but I find the last bit of your post a bit confusing but we can’t really give a schedule for the day yet without having an idea of who is coming and what they are bringing. Three dates are listed but this is for the convenience of attendees, only one of these dates will be chosen, depending on popularity.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 24-08-2019 at 14:26.
    Account Deleted

I'm John.

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for the clearer picture of what to expect on arrival, it makes the planning at the Sheffield end a bit easier to arrange for.
    You're well on track to bring together a good day of experiencing members choices. It will prove to be a fun day and educational, at the least.
    As I said, 'I'll butt out' too much thinking about the little thing can get confusing .
    I'll sit in the wings, awaiting the selected date

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    There is street parking all around the venue as well as a few small car parks. All parking is free on a Sunday (all the proposed dates are Sundays). The room is on the first floor but there is a short spiral staircase, one turn of 180 degrees. The staircase has shallow steps, is wide and open to one side, it’s not difficult to get large items up it. At the bottom of the staircase there are large double doors that lead directly to the street (where a car could be parked to unload with no issue).

The venue is only a few yards from London Road which is Sheffield’s main food and drink street. There are dozens of restraints and fast-food establishments of all kinds - there are also a number of local pubs.

10:00 am to 5:00 pm is likely to be the proposed time span (perhaps 9:00 till 7:00 - I’ll have to check when they will need us out).

Sorry John but I find the last bit of your post a bit confusing but we can’t really give a schedule for the day yet without having an idea of who is coming and what they are bringing. Three dates are listed but this is for the convenience of attendees, only one of these dates will be chosen, depending on popularity.
    Superb, I love a nice restraint

I'm Deleted.

Oops, I’ll change that .
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast