+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest Check - Sheffield Bake-Off

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    im hoping to go but need to book a dog sitter for overnight.
    Do they do that? I had no idea that was a thing!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    It would be nice if folk could be civil to each other. I think we all could do without the snide remarks too!

I was looking forward to this Bake-off but the attitude of some people on here really piss me off!
    Yup.

Seems to be a bit of it about at the minute. Wonder if it's the lack of decent weather this year or that people are new and don't know the ethos of the site.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

The thread is marked as an intrest check so I wouldn't necessarily expect a date set really. Don't think 2 weeks is a long time either. I'd be interested btw depending on date and train fares!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmass View Post
    It would be nice if folk could be civil to each other. I think we all could do without the snide remarks too!

I was looking forward to this Bake-off but the attitude of some people on here really piss me off!
    Hi Rob,

Please quote examples of what you're referring to, so that something can be done about it. I'm certainly unaware of the behaviour you're referring to, or for that matter, what Ollie has agreed with. I hope it's not the little dig I had at Mark earlier, as that was just banter!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Rob,

Please quote examples of what you're referring to, so that something can be done about it. I'm certainly unaware of the behaviour you're referring to, or for that matter, what Ollie has agreed with. I hope it's not the little dig I had at Mark earlier, as that was just banter!

Marco.
    I agreed with Rob because there has been a bit of it about lately. A few sarcastic or strategically placed digs. The one like "Mavericks" above smacked of sarcasm for instance, it was only lacking a rolling eyes emoji for confirmation, but I was talking on a wider scale than just AoS actually.

If it was anything I felt that strongly about, I'd have reported it or savaged someone, as I'm one to do. So don't worry too much.

Your comment could easily have been taken out of the context it was meant btw. I presume Mark understood it was banter but as we don't know your relationship it could be viewed either way by the populus.

Like I say, I felt robs observation was in line with my own, so agreed.

That's fair enough, Ollie. Always report real examples of unacceptable behaviour to either myself or one of the mods. Never "savage" anyone, as you'll end up in as much trouble as the initial perpetrator!

I await to find out what Rob is specifically referring to. In instances like this, I'd prefer it if folk spat out exactly what they meant, so that something can be done about it, rather than simply made vague references. Or otherwise say nothing, as all it amounts to is a moan. And we don't like moaners!

Yes, what I engaged Mark in earlier was just a little bit of banter between friends, which I'm sure is how he took it. We've known each other for years, so he knows the score!

And if I'm gently breaking someones balls, or engaging them in banter, then that's between them and me; not for others to judge, especially when they don't know the relationship. And since we're on the subject, one of my pet hates are people who take themselves way too seriously, are often easily offended, and too uptight to have a laugh. Dudes, you need to lighten up!

Remember folks, this is just hi-fi, not life or death

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

That's fair enough, Ollie. Always report real examples of unacceptable behaviour to either myself or one of the mods. Never "savage" anyone, as you'll end up in as much trouble as the initial perpetrator!

I await to find out what Rob is specifically referring to. In instances like this, I'd prefer it if folk spat out exactly what they meant, so that something can be done about it, rather than simply made vague references. Or otherwise say nothing, as all it amounts to is a moan. And we don't like moaners!

Yes, what I engaged Mark in earlier was just a little bit of banter between friends, which I'm sure is how he took it. We've known each other for years, so he knows the score!

And if I'm gently breaking someones balls, or engaging them in banter, then that's between them and me; not for others to judge, especially when they don't know the relationship. And since we're on the subject, one of my pet hates are people who take themselves way too seriously, are often easily offended, and too uptight to have a laugh. Dudes, you need to lighten up!

Remember folks, this is just hi-fi, not life or death

Marco.
    Ha, yes, savage may be a bit... Well... Savage lol.

I'd address it there and then anyway.

Thing is when you post on a forum, that comment will always be judged, it's the nature of the beast.

Anyway, like you say, it's only a forum!

Well, by the same token, if you judge it wrongly, then don't be afraid to be told so!

Marco.
    Main System

Bigman80 Guest

Well, by the same token, if you judge it wrongly, then don't be afraid to be told so!

Marco.
    Absolutely!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Do they do that? I had no idea that was a thing!
    sorry,what i meant was dog minders,ie you take the dog to them.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast