+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make your manual T/T auto

I'm steve.

Default Make your manual T/T auto

Just bought a Q-Up automatic tone arm lifter to use on my Rega P3. I’ve seen these type of devices before but have always thought they were somewhat overpriced. Last week I spotted this on Amazon offered at less than half the normal RRP, paid £18.99 + £1.26 post.
    Setup took less than 5 mins and the device gives a very smooth and damped lift, well worth the money for saved stylus wear when you forget the record has finished (as you do )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

That looks interesting Steve, I could certainly do with one. I'll be asking you closer to Christmas how you're getting on with it, as it would make the perfect gift from Mrs. P
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm steve.

Default Make your manual T/T auto

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That looks interesting Steve, I could certainly do with one. I'll be asking you closer to Christmas how you're getting on with it, as it would make the perfect gift from Mrs. P
    Can’t fault it, works beautifully, lift action is very smooth and damped, well worth the money for the convenience. It’s certainly the best vfm for this type of device imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 08-08-2019 at 10:07.

I'm Ian.

I've got an Audio Technica AT6000 auto lifter. Fiddly little bugger to set up but brilliant at it's job. The Q Up looks very good value for money being a quarter of the price of a used 6000.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Winston.

Great to hear it works OK, so far. Brilliant little device, apparently.
    Main system: Lenco L75, Thorens TD-125, Technics SL1700, ReVox A77 two-track 15 ips, Sony PS-1, Dell laptop, mxr, eq, Audio-Research LS-3, UREI 6150, DIY two-way speakers with Altec 802/811 & Goodmans 18” midwoofers.
    Author of; “HIGH-END AUDIO on a BUDGET”

I'm John.

With this device set up and functioning, when the long evenings return, and a little
    'shut eye' results from a listening session, no more wake ups in a mad WTF! panic.
    Another subject rarely discussed in the Vinyl vs Digital Soap Opera.
    As said at a much fairer price than many other Brands, and already getting a good user rating.
    Looking like a no brainer to have one on board, especially with the latest news about the non supply of K'b parts to carry out a rebuild.

I'm steve.

Looks like I picked up my Q-Up at the right time, just checked Amazon, they’ve now priced it at £28.17 with free delivery, still good value though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm James.

Still at £18.95 plus delivery here:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered one
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegger68 View Post
    Still at £18.95 plus delivery here:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered one
    That’s good news, typical of Amazon prices go up and down like a yo-yo almost daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread