+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hitachi SAX-102 interconnects - Are the oldies the best?

I'm Josie.

Default The Hitachi SAX-102 interconnects - Are the oldies the best?

The other week I replaced my Mark grants with these beauties.

A full set of Hitachi SAX-102 interconnects. I don't know how old they are but they are pretty amazing.

Not sure but I think they were made in the 80s.

Amazingly precise bass, nicely set/balanced mids and high. Nothing is overcooked, just clear, natural and fluid.

Don't get me wrong Mark Grant IC's are also brilliant but these win over in transient detail reproduction and the bass.

My only question is, does anyone recommend slightly twisting these?

Highly recommended interconnects.

Has anyone tried these?

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    TRIO L-07D Turntable - Tube Distinctions Copper Amp (Using KT150's) - Croft Epoch Elite (Very highly upgraded) - Studer A80R Master Recorder (High Speed 15/30 IPS) - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold - Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable - Allo KATANA SQ + SHANTI psu

I'm Richard.

Can't comment on the twisting question Josie but I'm sure they're a very good cable if they perform like the SSX-102 speaker cable. There's loads of Living Voice users who used this as their 1st cables on the recommendation of Definitive Audio. The interconnect probably came out the same time judging by the similar labelling & you've got yourself a little gem.

I'm Martin.

Never tried them but I have read that they are highly rated.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Neil.

All of my cable is either LC-OFC (like these Hitachis) or OCC, and Hitachi were doing this stuff years before most. For me, linear crystal copper offers a very natural sound, with less grain than normal OFC copper.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Josie.

Thanks guys. They are very good indeed.

I'm surprised in the quality of the presence they give.

They do seem to have a bit of a following.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    TRIO L-07D Turntable - Tube Distinctions Copper Amp (Using KT150's) - Croft Epoch Elite (Very highly upgraded) - Studer A80R Master Recorder (High Speed 15/30 IPS) - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold - Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable - Allo KATANA SQ + SHANTI psu

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I bought a pair of these in the mid '80s. They are so-called semi-balanced design, so can be directional.
    I thought them no better than the interconnects I was using at the time and passed them on to a friend, who didn't find them an improvement in his system either.

But they are well made and are more flexible than the Mark Grants, so worth keeping.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread