+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: These are a NO BRAINER IMO!

I'm Adrian.

Default These are a NO BRAINER IMO!

So a few weeks ago a fellow AoS'er contacted me about SUT's and he told me that he had replaced his interconnects with Belden 8402 w/ Switchcraft 3502A Audiophile High-End RCA ones. He said I should give them a try as they very very good in his opinion.

A pair arrived yesterday and this morning I decided to try them out the results are below, I will let you make you own judgements.

You can source the ones I purchased at https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belden-84...72.m2749.l2649 if you want to give them a try.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Andrew.

So your starting out on the "real" sound journey. welcome!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    So your starting out on the "real" sound journey. welcome!
    I have been pursuing "Real Sound" as you put it on and off for the past 40 years, and have taken a variety of paths some right some wrong and a few dead ends, but I think I am getting nearer to a system that satisfies my ears anyway.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Andrew.

Have you seen Jeff Day's work? I have a 3rd system with a full loom of Duelund and Belden cabling. I have Belden IC's bewteen my Radford pre and power amps, and into the phonostage. I have Duelund speaker cable and I have rewired my Celestion Ditton 15 speakers with Duelund cabling. It does sound good!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Have you seen Jeff Day's work? I have a 3rd system with a full loom of Duelund and Belden cabling. I have Belden IC's bewteen my Radford pre and power amps, and into the phonostage. I have Duelund speaker cable and I have rewired my Celestion Ditton 15 speakers with Duelund cabling. It does sound good!
    I am not aware of Jeff Day, probably my loss? I find it very interesting that the Dueland and Belden cables produce great results and are such VFM. I have always been quite sceptical about very high priced cables and the justification of their prices. That is not to say that they may not be good or producing great results but I always thought that there could very good cables out there that were sensibly priced and gave great results.

I'm Andrew.

Jeff loves his Belden IC's and Duelund cabling. He's produced many articles. Here's a link, fill your boots https://jeffsplace.positive-feedback...o-jeffs-place/
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm jamie.

im in!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

although i'll wait till you score my interconnect first
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Edward.

Adrian, how long it take for the cables to arrive from Greece after you placed the order? And did the seller use a tracked service?

Cheers
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm gone.

Belden 19364 is the best mains cable I have used, and I have tried quite a few!

e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mains-pow...53.m1438.l2649

EDIT .... make sure you get one with the IEC connector you need.
    The above link is for a C19 High Current connector (needed for my Airlink balanced PSU!).
    Last edited by jandl100; 06-08-2019 at 10:11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast