+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I move to Allo-ed ground?

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Tame it?

I haven't found the Boss to be at all tiring in any way, which is why I'm such a fan. I avoided digital for years because I found it hard to listen to.

I might suggest there may be a different reason. What that is, I don't know.
    I loved it until I got the Iqaudio recently and now I find myself listening to it more than the Boss, maybe I just prefer a slightly more layed back sound.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I loved it until I got the Iqaudio recently and now I find myself listening to it more than the Boss, maybe I just prefer a slightly more layed back sound.
    I've never heard that one so you may be right.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I have the Allo Boss v1.2 and an (original) IQAudio DAC+ and to be honest find little to choose between the two - apart from the BOSS costing twice as much

At the moment I am using the IQAudio as main player but solely because it has a very decent headphone output I can use of an evening.
    The Boss is languishing in the shed system ....

To be fair I haven't gone in for all the multi-linear-PSU palaver or the isolator - one of the reasons I first got the RPi set-up was that it was good quality sound, versatile .... and cheap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12