+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: AT95ex vs AT95e

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    O go on then The original '100E' not the later one.

Here is the Shibata Styli not the cheaper Ellipticals

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATS12S.html
    Ah the original AT100e. Are you intending to fit a Shibata stylus and have you any more info (specs) on this cartridge as it is difficult to find anything on it?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andre.

Thats cos its under the radar No Shibata for me cos im not that interested in spending big money on something im not that fussy about anymore, but with you being audio enthusiast i recommended the best Styli i thought you would be interested in getting the best out of that particular cartridge but a standard Elliptical can be fitted..

I know i got data on tons of early 60's/70's AT cartridges that never get talked about on forums, but no idea where.. You must be aware they there can be a minefield of confusion with em cos a lot of models carried on in different style bodies.. I dont personally have any time for the buget ones that were out in the 80's 90's..

The old '100' was available in an older black body 'A-100E'.. The original '13Ea' was a good un

I'm Andre.

If you are after an underated cheap cart pretty much the size of a 'AT95' The JVC 'Z1' was great. You can get Jico Shibata tip for em or could. The 'Z1'/'Z2'/'Z3' & 'Z4' bodies are the same,

You can still buy New 'Z4' with just a Spherical from Thakker.. But these dont look as nice as the other Z Black bodies..

Pay no more than £20 for a 'Z' body, dont let em take the piss..

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    Thats cos its under the radar No Shibata for me cos im not that interested in spending big money on something im not that fussy about anymore, but with you being audio enthusiast i recommended the best Styli i thought you would be interested in getting the best out of that particular cartridge but a standard Elliptical can be fitted..

I know i got data on tons of early 60's/70's AT cartridges that never get talked about on forums, but no idea where.. You must be aware they there can be a minefield of confusion with em cos a lot of models carried on in different style bodies.. I dont personally have any time for the buget ones that were out in the 80's 90's..

The old '100' was available in an older black body 'A-100E'.. The original '13Ea' was a good un
    Thanks for the info Andre. I usually dabble with old Shure stuff not AT but I am sure there were some great cartridges in their back catalogue as indeed there are in their current one.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Andre.

Poland seller on E-Bay often sells a lot of thin on the ground cartridges..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cartridge....c100008.m2219
    Last edited by Made in 1968; 05-01-2020 at 16:02.

I'm James.

After considering options for the A95ex replacement / upgrade I have decided to install the ultimate AT upgrade which is to try the Shibata stylus in the cartridge. It is currently on a slow boat from France kindly donated for trial purposes by another good AOS member. Looking forward to hearing the difference however I have doubts the system i am using has the ability or sensitivity to determine any difference between a diamond or a lump of coal!

We will see....

I'm Daman.

"This was so relaxing compared to listening to hyper analytical audiophile stuff that has you twitching on the edge of your seat whilst you tick boxes in your mind over what it does or does not reveal." - So true!

Main reason why I switched from my JICO N91ED SAS and Shure VN5xMR to the ATN95EX. Just listen to the music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789