+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: AT95ex vs AT95e

Hibster_2000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    An interesting review of the complete range of Audio Technica VM cartridges.

https://www.audioappraisal.com/audio...-measurements/
    Did you go for the Micro-line in the end?
    The VM540 seems to be the sweet spot in the range.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibster_2000 View Post
    Did you go for the Micro-line in the end?
    The VM540 seems to be the sweet spot in the range.

Hi Kev,

all Hifi activity has had to stop for a while because of house move but it will be on my agenda when I am back up and running.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

It's nice to see Audio Technica cartridges get some love. They've been making absolutely awesome cartridges for yonks.

AT95e
    AT120
    AT33PTG
    AT33PTGII
    AT33SA
    AT-OC9II
    ART7

Any of those to fit your budgets would be a superb listen and you have to spend big to outdo them in an outright manner.

Enjoyed the thread, the new models look great for the money.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It's nice to see Audio Technica cartridges get some love. They've been making absolutely awesome cartridges for yonks.

AT95e
    AT120
    AT33PTG
    AT33PTGII
    AT33SA
    AT-OC9II
    ART7

Any of those to fit your budgets would be a superb listen and you have to spend big to outdo them in an outright manner.

Enjoyed the thread, the new models look great for the money.
    Yes they would be my go to alternative cartridge manufacturer after Ortofon. I will be exploring them in the future when my system lands in a new home!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Dave.

Audio Technica are very good value and one of the reasons is that they make everything themselves and not buy in parts as many other 'manufacturers' do.

I'm James.

Listening to my partner Helen's 1976 Sony Music centre tonight which has a Garrard SP25 TT. I have strapped the AT95EX stylus into this and have been listening over the last few months to this amazing cartridge. It really is superb value for money considering it was about £30. The tonal quality and body is spot on and delivers a very good performance that definitely punches above its weight.

If your were a newby venturing out into the analogue world and wanted to start with something decent that gave a good account of what vinyl is all about this cartridge does it. Nothing really missing that takes away any enjoyment apart from some top end info and probably a little audiophile 'air' but what it does deliver in spades is musicality. It is one of those cartridges that has an even handed approach with almost any music with little fuss.

Today I have listened to Jazz, Classical and electronic music and the AT95EX delivered a measured performance with each genre that engaged you and simply gave you a pleasurable listening experience. This was so relaxing compared to listening to hyper analytical audiophile stuff that has you twitching on the edge of your seat whilst you tick boxes in your mind over what it does or does not reveal.

Today I simply enjoyed the music, free form worrying I was missing something or what I was listening too was not audiophile. Surely in the end thats what HIFI should really be all about.

I'm Andre.

I know a good AT cart from the past that is under the radar

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Made in 1968 View Post
    I know a good AT cart from the past that is under the radar

I'm Andre.

Its a secret

I'm Andre.

O go on then The original '100E' not the later one.

Here is the Shibata Styli not the cheaper Ellipticals

https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATS12S.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast