+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AT95ex vs AT95e

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Ah...I have an AT95ex sitting here waiting to be fitted to my GL75 . Had it for quite a while now because the turntable is in the loft .
    You want to get that GL75 down from there Brian, they're a really nice deck. The AT cartridge should be a decent match.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Brian.

Thanks Geoff . Yes it is very good but I neef a t/t shelf I think .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm steve.

Default AT95ex vs AT95e

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Goldring E3 is made by Audio Technica and is also based on the V95 generator.
    Yes I believe they are manufactured by AT in Japan although I don’t think they share the same internals with the 95, the script on the box says “designed in the UK built in Japan”

https://www.whathifi.com/goldring/e3/review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 04-08-2019 at 08:52.

I'm James.

The AT95e works well on the GL75 Lenco Brian as I have tried it.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    Yes I believe they are manufactured by AT in Japan although I don’t think they share the same internals with the 95, the script on the box says “designed in the UK built in Japan”

https://www.whathifi.com/goldring/e3/review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The reviews are all very positive however it is twice the price of the AT95E. The Goldring E3 is a huge cartridge but looks an Interesting alternative to something like the Ortofon 2M Red.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Dave.

Why consider an AT95 when you could have the new VM95E or VM95EN ?

As I understand it, the Goldring E3 and it's siblings are AT internals with an extra outer shell, which makes them more expensive than the equivalent AT.

I'm steve.

Default AT95ex vs AT95e

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The reviews are all very positive however it is twice the price of the AT95E. The Goldring E3 is a huge cartridge but looks an Interesting alternative to something like the Ortofon 2M Red.
    If you hunt round the E3 can be got for less money, I bought mine from Juno for £67.99 delivered, although they now have it priced at £77.99. I had 2 different 2M Reds, factory fitted to 2 Project turntables I had and I didn’t like either and sold them on smartly, rather coarse sounding especially inner grooves. According to the AT website the 95EX has been discontinued but no doubt you’ll still be able to get it for quite a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by steve-z; 04-08-2019 at 09:50.

I'm Chris.

I have the 95ex which came with my AT LP5 tt. The cart was designed specifically for this tt/arm I do believe so might work well with other low-medium mass J shape tonearms.

I have to say it's leagues ahead of the standard 95 which is itself great value for money. For the price point I can't recommend the 95ex highly enough. It's a cart for putting hours on because its cheap and most importantly sounds superb.

Chris.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm steve.

Default AT95ex vs AT95e

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    I have the 95ex which came with my AT LP5 tt. The cart was designed specifically for this tt/arm I do believe so might work well with other low-medium mass J shape tonearms.

I have to say it's leagues ahead of the standard 95 which is itself great value for money. For the price point I can't recommend the 95ex highly enough. It's a cart for putting hours on because its cheap and most importantly sounds superb.

Chris.
    I also have an ATLP5, although the AT95EX was designed to go with it, it surprised me that the arm tilted downwards from pivot to stylus with the stylus in the record groove, I corrected this by using a 3mm shim between the cartridge and headshell, the mod improved the treble clarity noticeably, I use the same shim with the Goldring E3 that’s currently installed on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm James.

I notice that the AT95ex and Goldring E3 stylus have exactly the same specification and as the Goldring maybe built by AT they are probably both using the same stylus? They use a super elliptical stylus measuring 0.3 x 0.7 ml.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast