+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Oppo HA-1 DAC / Pre-amp / Balanced Headphone Amp

I'm Alan.

Default FS: Oppo HA-1 DAC / Pre-amp / Balanced Headphone Amp

Time to sell this lovely DAC/Pre-amp/Headphone amp.
    In addition to being a 384/24 and DSD 256 capable DAC, it is also a full function analogue pre-amp with balanced inputs and outputs. And it has balanced and single ended headphone outputs, and is an ideal partner for the likes of Sennheiser H600s and 800s.

Digital Inputs - Coax, Optical, AES/EBU and USB, Bluetooth AptX, plus front USB port for phones/tablets
    Analog inputs - 1 pair RCA, 1 pair XLR
    Outputs - same as above.
    All the inputs & outputs are clearly marked on the back panel so can be seen on the photos.
    The remote control can switch inputs, control volume and dim or switch off the display which itself has various modes.
    All inputs can be individually set to unity gain - e.g. if you want to use it as a standalone DAC with another preamplifier

Specs are here:
    https://www.oppodigital.com/headphone-amplifier-ha-1/

I have the manual and all original packaging.
    UK RRP was £1100, but they seem to be selling for more than that on ebay now so will post in the UK for £700. I have owned it from new, bought from a UK dealer. Based in Edinburgh for demo or collection.

I'm Vince.

If I remember rightly, the rrp was £1200, I'll have to dig out my receipt. I use mine as both a headphone amp and a pre-amp and it excells at both. I use Sennheiser HD 800 and Oppo PM-3 and with either the sound is stunning. I'm still discovering little bits of info from different songs, they dig exceptionally deep as far as detail is concerned. They aren't clinical however, hust so musical. I could wax lyrical all day about this gem. You will have to pry mine from my cold dead hands. Glws

I'm Gary.

Heard Vince’s very Oppo dac at one of the NEBO gatherings and was extremely impressed.
    Was my takeaway from that event, got me interested in all things OPPO.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Ian.

Hi Alan,
    Can you tell me how old this is?
    Thanks

I'm Alan.

It's printed on the back panel above the serial number - manufactured June 2014. I bought it new from AudioAffair December 2014.
    Right enough, RRP was £1200!
    It's an excellent analogue pre-amp as well as a Dac... I was using a Spectral DMC 30S before, and the Oppo replaced it.

I'm Ian.

So it is

I'm Gary.

Same Dac as is in the 205 bluray player, and by all means splendid.

Cracking bit of kit, good luck with the sale.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Vince.

With Oppo pulling out of the AV arena, all things Oppo are only going to start to go up in price soon. I've got the BDP - 105D, the BDP - 103D, Blu-Ray players, the HA-1 headphone amp/pre-amp and the Oppo PM-3 headphones. All there kit is built to an extremely high standard and it all sounds stunning. As Gazjam said, at the Nebo there was some pretty good gear there and he was most impressed by my HA-1. I'm holding on to mine. Glws

I'm Alan.

PMs replied to - didn't realise I had any as didn't get notified by email, though I do get emails if someone replies on the thread. will check my settings.

I'm Alan.

Well, I accepted somebody's offer and they never replied, so bump it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast