+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for August!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    This weather is doing my head in...doing my nut right off. Flooding, high winds and it feels as though its been raining for weeks.
    Move a few miles down the road to Wrexham, mate! None of that here...

Although today it's a little drizzly. Anyway, sounds like you need a holiday!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Was ok here today with sun this afternoon..

Had hair done and when I left hairdresser's it chucked it down... enough to get my hair wet...
    You should get one of those polythene "rain scarves", y'know, like what you see women of a certain age wearing when dragging their tartan shopping trolleys down to the post office for their pensions. If you combine that look with a super-short skirt and heels it'll give the other pensioners something to gossip about, and the blokes may not need the little blue pills for a day or two
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    All work and no play makes Piggurs a boring boy, lol.... When are you going on holiday, daftee?

Marco.
    That two days in Scotland was my holiday, for the moment anyway.

Did the usual touristy stuff, a visit to West Coast Motorcycles in Glasgow, and also a really old-fashioned ironmonger's, which smelt of creosote and paraffin (love those places). And came home with some nice souvenirs (some Aberdeen Angus burgers and three 7mm hss drill bits).

Drove up there Friday with no rain, sunny all day yesterday, and then in the small hours of this morning...sat nav recommended an alternative route to avoid local flooding. Which was nice, drove through some places I didn't know existed, and only added ten minutes to the journey. The bright lights of Ecclefechan were getting a bit boring anyway.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Move a few miles down the road to Wrexham, mate! None of that here...

Although today it's a little drizzly. Anyway, sounds like you need a holiday!

Marco.
    It does Marco. I think thats the obvious answer to the people with the best mindset throughout the year. Travel and the best holidays.

Im trying to pile up my cash and I dont like spending on holidays I thought I would be alright with my three or four days off regularly over the summer.

I purposely dont work longer hours to enjoy my time off

Fat chance with this weather! Something seems to be going on with global warming. I can't remember an August this bad but I do have the memory of a goldfish
    " Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself, you see.'.

I'm Steve.

Had to scrape ice off the windscreen this morning !
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Martin.

That'll be global warming for sure.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robin.

So far this morning more rain than sun
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Gorgeous day here in sunny Wrexham! Currently 19C, with no wind to speak of. So we'll be enjoying some more al fresco dining later... Need to make the most of it because, apart from Thursday, the rest of the week is due to piss down!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Something seems to be going on with global warming. I can't remember an August this bad but I do have the memory of a goldfish
    When I was a nipper we used to go on holiday to Anglesey most Augusts. It seemed to be raining constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That two days in Scotland was my holiday, for the moment anyway.

Did the usual touristy stuff, a visit to West Coast Motorcycles in Glasgow, and also a really old-fashioned ironmonger's, which smelt of creosote and paraffin (love those places). And came home with some nice souvenirs (some Aberdeen Angus burgers and three 7mm hss drill bits).

Drove up there Friday with no rain, sunny all day yesterday, and then in the small hours of this morning...sat nav recommended an alternative route to avoid local flooding. Which was nice, drove through some places I didn't know existed, and only added ten minutes to the journey. The bright lights of Ecclefechan were getting a bit boring anyway.
    Lolz... We never get flooding here because we live at the top of a hill, and we don't get that much rain, as we're sheltered by the mountains.

No, I meant a proper holiday, like away somewhere abroad for a couple of weeks. You need to recharge your batteries now and then dude, otherwise you'll just get jaded, especially when winter kicks in!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast