+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: M2Tech Young DAC with MCRU Power Supply

I'm Dave.

Default FS: M2Tech Young DAC with MCRU Power Supply

I'm looking to sell my M2Tech Young DAC which has given sterling service over the past 6 years.

I have the original packing for the unit along with it's standard power supply which will need an adapter since it's a Euro plug type.

Few threads on here about them:
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...t=M2Tech+young
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...t=M2Tech+young

One thing that has been mentioned on here though (and can't find the thread with a quick search) is that there are problems when trying to use from a Windows 10 source. As in it won't connect

I've been using it with no problems from various Linux servers/streamers/Raspberry Pi's.

The DAC itself has a couple of scratches on the top plate and on the MCRU power supply the covering on one of the wires has come loose from the connector - just to confirm it's the wrapping and not the wires.

Here's a few pictures showing the DAC and power supply - hopefully this will give you an idea of the condition.

I've found the capacitor mentioned in the first post linked above - will be included in the sale.

I'm looking for £250 plus delivery - I usually use Royal Mail and it would roughly work out to approx. £20 (signed for/insured).

Cheers
    Last edited by Emmings; 29-07-2019 at 12:03. Reason: Found Capacitor
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Rob.

Good price for an excellent DAC. I thoroughly enjoyed mine.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Dave.

Bump
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Dave.

An update to the advert and a clarification on Windows 10 operation.

This thread (https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ghlight=m2tech) outlines the problems that someone had using Windows 10.

It appears that early units of this DAC will not play happily with Windows 10 - however this unit for sale is a relatively late model

After a suggestion that the unit may be faulty since I had said there were problems with Windows 10 based on the above thread I thought I'd better check out playing via Windows 10.

This is something I have never done since all my streaming/playing has been via Linux based systems.

I can confirm that the unit plays quite happily from my laptop running Windows 10 via USB using the M2Tech drivers (win7Vista103_Young_Vaughan.zip).

I have tested using Foobar2000 and via Roon - in both instances the unit functions as expected and music is played.

It appears that I should have checked/tested before stating anything - lesson learnt.

Anyway it's still for sale, works fine.

And just to confirm - £265 delivered.
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Bigman80 Guest

Are you using a USB to SPDIF converter?

I'm Dave.

Not when using in Windows 10 - direct USB connection for the test this morning.
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emmings View Post
    Not when using in Windows 10 - direct USB connection for the test this morning.
    I'm gutted. I sold mine (very early model) because it just would not work with W10. I even spoke directly to the manufacturer, not an underling.

Ironically my laptop broke a few weeks back and I'm now using W8.

I loved this DAC but can't do the spend at the minute.

GLWS.

I'm Dave.

With the rate things are selling at the moment - check back in a few weeks time.
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emmings View Post
    With the rate things are selling at the moment - check back in a few weeks time.
    Haha, it's always slow this time of year.

I'm Gary.

As an ex Young owner (and someone who took my dac to my local high end Naim dealer and who’s head was full of all things Naim Dac at the time...

Short version, fit the cap and be happy.
    That done it’s easily a £1000+ Dac, and then some. substantially beat the Naim Dac, the dealer felt a bit odd afterwards and wanted to pair the Naim Dac with its £££ 555 power supply...
    Real world? says it all, really.
    (Talking from experience)

Took a 7K dac to beat it with cap fitted, Was on a mission to upgrade my digital and was willing to spend the wonga...my thanks to Simon (Forum name SQ12348485858399394949w309940w0939303) or what it actually was, the Young with cap fitted is an absolute Giant Killer.

Dont sell it till you’ve fitted the cap.
    From your photos it’s pride of place and you obviously love what it does.

The cap Mod elevates it...and then some.
    Seriously, don’t sell it, it’s easily a thousand pound DAC (in today’s prices)
    Last edited by Gazjam; 03-08-2019 at 14:58.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast