+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale - Lampizator Amber Plus DSD DAC

lordmortlock Guest

Default For Sale - Lampizator Amber Plus DSD DAC

A listing for my wonderful Lampizator DAC. A very reluctant sale, but we’re moving house so the hifi is going short term to help fund that.

I’ve owned this Dac for a year and I’m the second owner. It’s a Gen 5 unit, with uprated Jupiter caps and some nice Mullard and Jan Philips valves. It’s DSD 64 and 128 capable through the USB, with an optical in for sonos, TV or a CD transport.

It’s in excellent used condition with only very minor cosmetic marking. I’ll include a couple of extra valves so you can have a play with rolling, which the unit responds well to.

There’s some excellent reviews out there, but this one is probably the most comprehensive. Please note however that the Toslink in works perfectly well with my unit without USB connected ... indeed that’s the only way I’ve ever used it, as I’m a sonos man.

http://ayllonmedia.com/blog-and-news...-in-home-audio

No original box but will be well packed for delivery. £900 firm plus any delivery at cost.

I'm Richard.

Bonkers that there isn’t a wave of rave expressed about this. A wonderful bit of kit, very rarely available, for sale by one of the most discerning and honourable audiophiles out there. And he really IS moving house and the new child-friendly gaff really IS hopeless for audio. So... here’s a bump because this beauty not sailing out the door implies that we are all cloth-eared, ill-informed and skint. Which can’t possibly be true. Or can it...? Besides, it’s a snip.

I'm ROGER.

Heard some great things about these and would love to give this one a try, but the funds currently won't allow it

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneesup View Post
    Bonkers that there isn’t a wave of rave expressed about this. A wonderful bit of kit, very rarely available, for sale by one of the most discerning and honourable audiophiles out there. And he really IS moving house and the new child-friendly gaff really IS hopeless for audio. So... here’s a bump because this beauty not sailing out the door implies that we are all cloth-eared, ill-informed and skint. Which can’t possibly be true. Or can it...? Besides, it’s a snip.
    Well, yes, admittedly I am cloth-eared and ill-informed .... but I also need more digital inputs.

PC (co-ax), DVD, MD. Sigh.
    I've only had one piece of Lampi gear in my system - a Level 4 DAC. And it was stunning.
    So if the inputs do suit you, then I am sure the lucky buyer will be wreathed in smiles!

lordmortlock Guest

Haha ... cheers chaps!

It’s really very good. And now available at £895 inc U.K. delivery.

lordmortlock Guest

Sold on Pfm.

+ Reply to Thread