+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Art 9

I'm Steve.

I have an OC9/III would it be a big step up to move to the ART 9
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    I have an OC9/III would it be a big step up to move to the ART 9
    I've still got AT PTGii and OC9ii, the Art 9 is clearly familiar, but does everything better. The VFM has fallen here (they could be had for £600 pre brexit), but I see your location and currency may have fared better??

I'm Paul.

I used an ART 9 for approximately 2 years, and agree that it is a great cart for the money and is generally becoming well known for it's perfomance against most carts up to about 1.5k. Be sure to check the stylus is perfectly vertical before mounting, my first sample wasn't and was replaced no problem. 2nd sample was better. Quite a dramatic and liveley cart for about £800 at the time with a healthy enough output for most step ups.

As enjoyable as it was, it did get unseated by the Aidas Panzerholz Diamond pretty conclusively so was sold though the Aidas was 3 x the price but is on another level altogether combined with the TTS 8000 and SAEC WE506/30 & Nasotec headshell.

BR
    Paul
    Z:Axis Audio
    British made Cabling and High End Audio Support Systems and the New 'Symetrica' balanced Power Supply.

UK Distributor for Concert Fidelity Inc Japan & Aidas Audio Phono Cartridges
    UK supplier for: Z:Axis Audio; Concert Fidelity

Personal System:
    Mains - Symetrica by Z:Axis Audio - A game changer!
    CD Transport - Ayon CD-T2
    DAC - Ayon Stratos Refrence
    TT - Sony TTS 8000 /SAEC WE 506/30 / Aidas MC Cartridges
    Phonostage - RCM Audio Theriaa & Sensor2
    Pre - Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 & CLS050 Hybrid valve/SS ultra short signal path technology.
    Power - Concert Fidelity ZL-200 Mono's.
    Loudspeakers - Franco Serblin Ktema.
    Support System - Z:Axis Audio Grand Mirage 98.8
    Cabling - All our own; Z:Axis B52 Reference, Infinity Reference Digital, Livewire Loudspeaker & Xer0 Power Cabling.

Demonstration sessions welcome by appointment.

I'm Clive.

Hi guys, just ordered the AT-OC9XSH to replace a cartridge that was beginning to show signs of wear. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives in the next few days.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-A View Post
    I used an ART 9 for approximately 2 years, and agree that it is a great cart for the money and is generally becoming well known for it's perfomance against most carts up to about 1.5k. Be sure to check the stylus is perfectly vertical before mounting, my first sample wasn't and was replaced no problem. 2nd sample was better. Quite a dramatic and liveley cart for about £800 at the time with a healthy enough output for most step ups.

As enjoyable as it was, it did get unseated by the Aidas Panzerholz Diamond pretty conclusively so was sold though the Aidas was 3 x the price but is on another level altogether combined with the TTS 8000 and SAEC WE506/30 & Nasotec headshell.

BR
    Paul
    i agree,i also had a brand new art-9 that arrived with a tip misaligned, sent it straight back for a refund
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive197 View Post
    Hi guys, just ordered the AT-OC9XSH to replace a cartridge that was beginning to show signs of wear. Will let you know how I get on when it arrives in the next few days.
    Cartridge arrived this morning, couldn’t wait to fit it so spent the best part of 2hrs doing a meticulous set-up. Have now listened to 4 albums so far my 1st impressions are very good. Very smooth, detailed and excellent bass. I’ve had a penchant for Shibata tipped cartridges for many years and this one certainly doesn’t disappoint. Definitely a keeper.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123