+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk talk fans

I'm kev.

Default Talk talk fans

Guys what’s you favourite ?
    Spirt of Eden for me a masterpiece
    <a href=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/lauren1809/media/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e12/lauren1809/33A4D3D2-B423-47CD-BC7D-AC331E29C355_zpsj2tyfozt.jpg target=_blank>http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...psj2tyfozt.jpg</a></a>

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes great, as is Colour Of Spring. Also love the live at Montreaux DVD, really shows what accomplished musicians they were.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Josie.

Love Talk Talk

Yep, spirit is great.

The colour of spring for me but I'm quite happy playing the best of these days though.

Hollis was an amazing musician as we're the rest of them.

Steve Winwood to play on some tracks on that album too.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Deleted.

I can’t remember the last time I listened to ‘Spirit Of Eden’, I’ll have to root it out and give it a spin - I’m pretty sure I’ve got it (I’ve definitely got ‘The Colour Of Spring’.
    Account Deleted

I'm neil.

For me they evolved into a great band after the first album - each subsequent album wasn't built on but deconstructed culminating in the minimalist masterpiece Laughing Stock - one of my favourite bands - wonderfully produced - Mark Hollis a very sad loss - I do like to play John Cope 12inch frequently, can be quite a tortuous track to play loud on some systems

I'm neil.

Hollis has been credited with saying: "Before you play two notes, learn how to play one note. And don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it. He also commented: "The silence is above everything, and I would rather hear one note than I would two, and I would rather hear silence than I would one note. IMHO Genius - I might be slightly biased though

I'm Martin.

Yeah you want the last three plus the Mark Hollis Album...they got strikingly minimalist as they went on but the colour of spring is still up there
    " Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself, you see.'.

I'm Geoff.

A superb progression of a band who really discovered themselves.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It was a great shame Mark retired from the music business. I'm sure he had his reasons of course, but I can't help thinking how much music we all missed out on.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yes great, as is Colour Of Spring. Also love the live at Montreaux DVD, really shows what accomplished musicians they were.
    I have seen bits of the 'Live in Montreaux" film on Youtube - I was interested to see John Turnbull on guitar - I got to talk to him after a gig along with Norman Watt-Roy - they had been in a band together many years ago (Glencoe)
    I asked them about Glencoe as I had one of their albums-the reply was they were on loads of drugs then! Nice guys and great musicians !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast