+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photographs and management of photographs

I'm Colin.

Default Photographs and management of photographs

Bit of advice needed, is there a simple way of deleting photos used for previous adverts. I thought I could just select and delete but not sure how to. And also trying to read up on placing a full size photo.
    Any advice appreciated
    Colin

I'm Colin.

May have just sussed deleting them. I think selected and left for an hour and they delete.

Hopefully

Colin

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Colin, in terms of the actual thread on AoS, then there's not much you can do on the photos as there's a limited time you can amend them. We'd prefer them to stay for posterity (is there a reason you want them deleted?) but as you may have found out, deleting them from the source (i.e. IMGUR, Photobucket etc.) will also kill the link on the forum.
    Last edited by Alex_UK; 28-07-2019 at 19:30.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Colin.

I was trying to manage “my attachments” and just thought I would clear old attachments. Plus trying to add photos as I have a few things to sell and it won’t let me add more so I assumed I needed to clear these.

But to get full size photos I think I will need to use photobucket or similar

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    I was trying to manage “my attachments” and just thought I would clear old attachments. Plus trying to add photos as I have a few things to sell and it won’t let me add more so I assumed I needed to clear these.

But to get full size photos I think I will need to use photobucket or similar
    https://imgur.com/upload will allow you to (anonymously if you wish) upload and then link your photos. I think photobucket needs a paid for account these days.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Colin.

Can I use to place images in the advert though if over +£250?

Colin

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I think photobucket needs a paid for account these days.
    Actually no, Photobucket eventually changed their mind on that one.
    Account Deleted

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Actually no, Photobucket eventually changed their mind on that one.
    Yes, but unfortunately, you now get their whopping great 'watermark' across your images if you opt for the free service.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
    Can I use to place images in the advert though if over +£250?

Colin
    Yes, as long as they are full sized images, that's fine.
    Alex

I'm Colin.

Need some more assistance here. It may be file size but it’s what I normally use . Anyway I can’t load up to my images files .just gives an error reading and have a few items I would like to sell.
    Technics 1200
    Schiit Preamp and a marantz CD player. So any assistance appreciated.

Colin

+ Reply to Thread