+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digione Signature - Chord MOJO Roon set up

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgals View Post
    Jimbo This seems to be the same sort as you are using : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-25W-DC...4AAOSwzetct~Ff . What is to stop you using both outputs from this power supply - in my case one for the dirty and one for the clean on my Digi0ne Signature. I see you are a Croft fan from your equipment list. I have a Croft Series 3 OTL which I love but am thinking about a 25RS pre sometime.Do you think there would be much in it from the 25R+ to the RS? David
    Hi Dave, The LPSU I have can be used to supply two outputs from the one device but they share the same transformer. This works but when I used 2 separate LPSU the Pi + Boss Dac sounded better.

The Croft Series 3 OTL is a nice amp, as are all Glenns OTL amps. My 25R pre has the line stage from the 25RS but not the separate power supply. This will make a significant difference so If you can afford the RS I would go with this. I am intending to have my 25R upgraded again to the RIAA R phono stage with RS line stage and separate PSU!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgals View Post
    Jimbo This seems to be the same sort as you are using : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-25W-DC...4AAOSwzetct~Ff . What is to stop you using both outputs from this power supply - in my case one for the dirty and one for the clean on my Digi0ne Signature.
    That would be no different from using a single power supply, it's the type 1 I described in my previous post. It has no advantage in your situation.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    That would be no different from using a single power supply, it's the type 1 I described in my previous post. It has no advantage in your situation.
    I tried this "Type 1" configuration and it sounded great until I added the second LPSU and then realized that it wasn't as great as I thought.

Better than smps but not even close to two separate LPSUs.

I'm David.

Thanks everyone for the help. I think I will play safe and get a Shanti PSU since this will definitely work well with my Digione Signature. I like the idea of one box and a single switch. The Allo kit sounds great even with phone chargers as power supplies so really looking forward to hearing it with the decent power supply.
    David
    Equipment Garrard 401 Slate Plinth SME V Van Den Hul Colibri cartridge
    Lector Phonostage
    Raspberry Pi Allo Digione Signature Streamer, Chord Mojo dac running Roon distribution
    Audiopax Model 5 pre-amplifier
    Croft Series 3 OTL amplifier
    Quad ELS 57 speakers (some of the last built SNs in the region of 52000)
    REL Strata V subwoofer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12