+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ALLO SHANTI Linear Power Supply (LPS) Review

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    I really will have to try this Pi streamer thing at some point in time - especially now you have this decent power supply.

Currently I'm enjoying the streamed sound from an Auralic Mini with Auralic Linear PSU (15v's needed here not 5v unfortunately) - and I am getting more than a decent sound.

I have various other good streamers too that I won't get into here.

What has me curious is - can a fully pimped out and Pi attached to an Allo Shanti be as good as 'anything' irrespective of price out there?
    No.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    No.
    lol

Short and sweet

I'm allo.

Agreed.

However try our Usbridge Sig . Its a RPI (compute module) that its feed using 30 LDOs. Using a Shanti + Usbridge Sig we are confident to be " the best of the best USB streamers"

Yes we are biased but we also know from testing that there is almost no noise on each rail .

I think that a few reviews are coming up

I'm ahto.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLO.com View Post
    Agreed.

However try our Usbridge Sig . Its a RPI (compute module) that its feed using 30 LDOs. Using a Shanti + Usbridge Sig we are confident to be " the best of the best USB streamers"

Yes we are biased but we also know from testing that there is almost no noise on each rail .

I think that a few reviews are coming up
    could Tidal be streamed via the Usbridge? (I'm currently using Katana).
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Julian.

I'm currently using a Powerbank with my DigiOne and am getting excellent results. I am curious however to find out how it sounds with a regular linear PSU and a Supercap. I'm put off the Shanti by the sheer physical size of it and will look for a neater solution.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Paul.

Thumbs up

Just installed the Allo USBridge and Shanti LPS.

Good step up from a Pi4, feeding Ian Canada FIFO with NDK clocks and his dual mono DAC with transformer output, fed from his LiFE P04 supply.

Neurochrome amps with 0.00045 % THD+N into naked Quad 989's in custom steel frames.

Less noise = more music.

I'm Andrew.

I have just bought a Shanti LPS to use with my Allo Digione player . Will use the second supply to power a MiniDSP DDRC 22D . Does anyone know where the advice on using the earth lead on the Shanti is ? Where on the Digione would you attache the earth lead ?

I'm Paul.

This is the thread for the Shanti/USBridge/Revolution DAC.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...a-5v-1-5a.html

I connected the Shanti ground to my USBridge ground but heard no difference.

If there is no ground on the Digione you could cannibalise a USB plug to just utilise it's ground.

I'm Ray.

Where is the best place to buy the Allo Shanti LPS in the UK?

Are there any plans to produce just a 5V 3A output? as that's all I require.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Where is the best place to buy the Allo Shanti LPS in the UK?

Are there any plans to produce just a 5V 3A output? as that's all I require.
    It's not available in the UK afaik. The new Nirvana SMPS will give 2.85A at 5V. Available from the Allo website, EU shipping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast