+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arm and Phono Stage advice

I'm Glen.

Default Arm and Phono Stage advice

I've just become the proud owner of this beauty..

I recently won a Hana SL in a competition. So now I have a couple of questions that you good people might help me with please? Could you recommend a phono stage that works well with the Hana, considering it's need for a load greater than 400ohm's. I need to keep the price reasonable and I did think of the Mo-Fi Studio Phono. Does anyone have any experience of this stage?
    Also, I have a RB250 on an old Planar 2 that a friend has given me. I'm not sure if the arm is fully ok, as there is some lateral play at the base end of the arm. Therefore, what would you consider? I did think of the Origin Live Onyx, but then I've seen the Audiomods Series 6 arm and the juices are flowing! Anyway, any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
    Last edited by glenann; 25-07-2019 at 20:56.

I'm Glen.

Oh and mods, could you change the title to Phono Stage and not Phone please... I don't need one of those.. Thanks

I'm Geoff.

Done.

Nice deck. If it was mine, I'd bung a Mission 774 on it, but then I would say that 'cos I bung a 774 on every deck!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Done.

Nice deck. If it was mine, I'd bung a Mission 774 on it, but then I would say that 'cos I bung a 774 on every deck!
    Hard to argue with that tbf. Big fan of the 774.

I had an Alphason HRS100 and the 774 at the same time. I sold the 774. It was a mistake. The 100 lasted a few weeks before I sold it on, at a loss I might add.

Would be a good arm for that deck and cartridge.

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hard to argue with that tbf. Big fan of the 774.

I had an Alphason HRS100 and the 774 at the same time. I sold the 774. It was a mistake. The 100 lasted a few weeks before I sold it on, at a loss I might add.

Would be a good arm for that deck and cartridge.
    It's one I'd not thought of to be honest. How much do they go for when they come up for sale?

I'm Mike.

Once I get my tonearm back from service I'll probably be seeing my 774, it'll go up in the classifieds soon

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Once I get my tonearm back from service I'll probably be seeing my 774, it'll go up in the classifieds soon
    No worries, I'll watch out for it, cheers.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by glenann View Post
    It's one I'd not thought of to be honest. How much do they go for when they come up for sale?
    Do an advanced search on ebay for completed 774 sales and take an average. That'll give you a fair idea.

By the way, don't confuse it with the 774SM or 774LC, they are totally different. A good SM is nice, but the LC is a budget item.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

I used this very deck with an OL Conqueror and an Audiomods IV. The former is a super arm but too heavy for the deck suspension. The latter was a brilliant match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I used this very deck with an OL Conqueror and an Audiomods IV. The former is a super arm but too heavy for the deck suspension. The latter was a brilliant match.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Funnily enough I saw that combo with the Audiomods on Pinterest! Looked nice with the AM on it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast