+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge CXC Woes

I'm Steve.

Probably best to phone them, or call in Shaun - I haven't met a Richer Sounds guy who's been any less than a perfectly decent human being, and I'd be surprised if they didn't help you out, warranty or no
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Probably best to phone them, or call in Shaun - I haven't met a Richer Sounds guy who's been any less than a perfectly decent human being, and I'd be surprised if they didn't help you out, warranty or no
    That was going to be my advice too

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Slightly off topic, but Julian Richer is one of my businessmen heroes, and the fact that he basically gave the business to his colleagues is testimony to the lifeblood that runs through that business. Regardless of if it was turnips or hi-if, most anyone at Richer Sounds will do their best to keep a customer happy, and to keep a happy customer.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shaun.

Cheers so much you guys but I think I may have found the problem. Mains electricity.

I noticed yesterday that the Sony had two or three 'dropouts' but not complete crashes. I'm guessing that the Cambridge is maybe more susceptible to mains problems. I now have the digital stuff going through a Tacima filtered distribution block but haven't had a prolonged listen yet. I had a thirty minute session last night and the results were good but not perfect. One 'dropout' no crashes.

I think it is the fridge/freezer !

I'm Shaun.

Oh yes though, it doesn't explain why it has only recently started.

I'm Steve.

Have you started putting anything different in your fridge freezer? Like vegan ready-meals? Is there something that can go between the fridge's plug and the wall socket, that could suppress the "switching" effect? Feel free to laugh at that one, I don't know if that's a thing or not.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Have you started putting anything different in your fridge freezer? Like vegan ready-meals? Is there something that can go between the fridge's plug and the wall socket, that could suppress the "switching" effect? Feel free to laugh at that one, I don't know if that's a thing or not.
    VEGAN...!

Honestly mate there is a device that can be wired into a plug that may be just the ticket for the frigid hare. I have to look into that one.

I'm malcolm.

Just a thought, do you use homeplugs? They caused lots of problems with my systems.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Just a thought, do you use homeplugs? They caused lots of problems with my systems.
    Malcolm, don't know what they are.

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Malcolm, don't know what they are.
    No need to worry then ;-)
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast