+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonfires !! Grrrrr

I'm Phil.

Default Bonfires !! Grrrrr

Enjoying the sun today but also enjoying the 5th day of bonfires all day from the delightful neighbours building Stalag 17 . Why is it builders think they can save money on skips and burn everything . Well these dear souls hopefully will be getting a visit from environmental health soon , and i believe it can be a 5k fine !!

do you guys have the same problems ? i am fine with bonfires after dark or evenings but not on sunny days
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    Enjoying the sun today but also enjoying the 5th day of bonfires all day from the delightful neighbours building Stalag 17 . Why is it builders think they can save money on skips and burn everything . Well these dear souls hopefully will be getting a visit from environmental health soon , and i believe it can be a 5k fine !!

do you guys have the same problems ? i am fine with bonfires after dark or evenings but not on sunny days
    I do sympathise, we do not seem to suffer the bonfire syndrome but more the level of stinky BBQ with the smell of burning meat and fat burning, not pleasant night after night when you are trying to enjoy a nice G&T in the sun with your better half.

The other pain in the arse is a neighbour at the rear of us who decided that it would be a nice idea to spend the best 3 days of the year jet washing his drive and footpaths incessantly for 10 hours each day. I think he got the message when I pointed out that if he managed his trees and overgrown hedges better he might not get a mass of green building up, he admitted his wife had told him to sort the foliage out and warned him not to jet wash when it was good weather, he still carried on though saying he had nearly finished.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dave.

I have a massive bonfire 4 or 5 times every year, it's the only practical way to get rid of the garden refuse. I always wait until the wind is coming from the North, so that the smoke blows across the fields and away from neighbours.

I'm Phil.

its all about being considerate . I try to have them in the evening when its dull .Today we had de shouting over fences at the builders and then the fire brigade turned up. That stopped them !!!

Eric Bibb

I'm Alan.

We have neighbours around us who have a fire at least once a week...In the colder months it's ok, we just shut the back door and windows, but in the summer months...when it's mad hot and we want to keep the doors open to stay cool...is murder....We get a smoked filled house...so we have to shut the doors and sweat it out...We have a couple of large fans, but they struggle to keep the place cool....It's a bugger..These days, there is no real need to burn anything...Question..what happened to councils telling us we had to stop this sort of thing, to be environment friendly, as it is destroying the atmosphere??

As for barbecues, I don't find them too bad....once the initail fire has burned and the material is just red/white hot embers, which is only for a short time, we don't mind the smell of the animal flesh being cooked...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    We have neighbours around us who have a fire at least once a week...In the colder months it's ok, we just shut the back door and windows, but in the summer months...when it's mad hot and we want to keep the doors open to stay cool...is murder....We get a smoked filled house...so we have to shut the doors and sweat it out...We have a couple of large fans, but they struggle to keep the place cool....It's a bugger..These days, there is no real need to burn anything...Question..what happened to councils telling us we had to stop this sort of thing, to be environment friendly, as it is destroying the atmosphere??

As for barbecues, I don't find them too bad....once the initail fire has burned and the material is just red/white hot embers, which is only for a short time, we don't mind the smell of the animal flesh being cooked...
    Reporting them might fix it, though it would be more fun to burn an old tyre next time the wind's blowing their way That should start a conversation
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

When I had the allotment I had a fire going most nights. It's an Englishman's God-given right to have a fire anytime he damn well chooses. Although I was well away from any houses.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Glastonbury used to be great for fires. Each evening we'd go on a raiding party to nick other people's wood, while keeping a close eye on our own. When was time to go home, it was the first stop at a motorway services that made you realise how much you stank of smoke.

I bet they don't have fires any more, I'm sure the health & safety nannies will have put a stop to it.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post

Can you not report them to environmental health for nuisance ?

Eric Bibb

I'm Martin.

And then you're into a whole 'feud with the neighbours' thing and that never ends well. Put up with it or move are the real options. Assuming having a friendly word with them about it is already a non option.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast