+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonfires !! Grrrrr

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    Can you not report them to environmental health for nuisance ?
    Last Summer...a guy over the back from me, had a fire going all night long...he had it in a steel fire pit type thing...I rang the fire brigade, who came out looked it over and refused to extinguish it, because it was in said fire pit and not a risk to anyone else....I did report this guy to the council and never seen a fire in his garden since. I've reported a couple more, but up to now, there is still garden fires..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When I had the allotment I had a fire going most nights. It's an Englishman's God-given right to have a fire anytime he damn well chooses. Although I was well away from any houses.
    Well that's it isn't it..."well away from any houses"...but when you're lying in bed...being choked with smoke and fumes all night long...it gets a bit much...

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Well that's it isn't it..."well away from any houses"...but when you're lying in bed...being choked with smoke and fumes all night long...it gets a bit much...
    Totally agree it is out of order in your situation, don't get me wrong. I was just reminiscing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Last Summer...a guy over the back from me, had a fire going all night long...he had it in a steel fire pit type thing...I rang the fire brigade, who came out looked it over and refused to extinguish it, because it was in said fire pit and not a risk to anyone else....I did report this guy to the council and never seen a fire in his garden since. I've reported a couple more, but up to now, there is still garden fires..
    This is very surprising , air pollution is a major topic , congestion charges are coming in everywhere , i am surprised there is not more political will to stop it
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And then you're into a whole 'feud with the neighbours' thing and that never ends well. Put up with it or move are the real options. Assuming having a friendly word with them about it is already a non option.
    Yes this can be a problem , but can`t you do it anonymously ? or get others to complain . i am lucky i have a very feisty lady neighbour who has kids with asthma... God help the builders who defy her and continue with bonfires !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Geoff.

Well I'm having a bonfire next week. I have stuff to get rid of!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Take it to the local tip...!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Take it to the local tip...!

I'm joe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast