+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bonfires !! Grrrrr

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Was that an endowment product? They were shocking, can you prove misselling as that can sometimes get you some money back?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Hi Lawrence,

Not endowment, one was an Executive Pension scheme from when I had a small IT company, luckily I had frozen that one, but it only had £46K in it, the other was a private pension scheme that reached £250K and then within 1 year Standard Life took over half of it, due to management cost and losses on the markets, strange because the market had averaged 8%/year for the past 4 years. I think it was Prudential Life that started it all off, and a group individuals took it to the high court, and the high court judge said that in this case the Law was an Arse and he had to side on the insurance companies side. the government then spent the next 2 years changing the pension laws to stop it happening again.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Hi Lawrence,

Not endowment, one was an Executive Pension scheme from when I had a small IT company, luckily I had frozen that one, but it only had £46K in it, the other was a private pension scheme that reached £250K and then within 1 year Standard Life took over half of it, due to management cost and losses on the markets, strange because the market had averaged 8%/year for the past 4 years. I think it was Prudential Life that started it all off, and a group individuals took it to the high court, and the high court judge said that in this case the Law was an Arse and he had to side on the insurance companies side. the government then spent the next 2 years changing the pension laws to stop it happening again.
    Interesting albeit shocking, do you happen to know the name of the case so I can look it up please?

I'm Phil.

Funny how a bonfire thread has become a financial thread ! Still very interesting, we know all about Devon council tax as we pay that fully on top of our own
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I had an endowment mortgage. When it matured it had made a massive surplus.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I had an endowment mortgage. When it matured it had made a massive surplus.
    Probably depends on when you started the policy.

I think it all turned to crap in the early eighties, we took out ours in 1983. When we realised it wasn't going to deliver as promised, I switched to a repayment mortgage (actually didn't cost that much more), and kept the endowment side going. I think we may also have got a couple of thousand from the PPI folks.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    But it was Steve McQueen's motorbike from the Great Escape for £1m

Sorry shouldn't joke about such things.

Lol, if only that were true, I'd be on that deal faster than a speeding Bullitt
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345