+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Speaker Cable single ended 6m pair

I'm Robert.

Default Wanted: Speaker Cable single ended 6m pair

Trying to save on buying new as cable margins are extortionate - as we all do (cost of copper is the cost of copper?).

So, hoping someone on the forums has a spare set that they will move on.

I’m after a 6m set of speaker cables – single ended (speakers are not bi-wire).

Terminations is not too much of a concern as I may change these anyway to silver types.

In terms of comparison, I’m currently looking at some VdH higher up the ladder types and Neotech Nemos so you know where I’m at. Possibly even WireWorld or non-networked MIT.

There is much hype around cables as we all know so some brands I do not favour where upon listening to them I could not hear what I was told to hear by their marketing info – often the opposite
    So I mean no offense if I don’t respond to some offers.

Budget £160 or so…. (NOW SORTED)
    Last edited by Open Door; 22-07-2019 at 21:54.

I'm David.

I've got 6m of Transparent Music Wave, terminated with spades in very good condition I could let you have for £180 inc. postage.

I'm Martin.

What speakers and amp are you intending to use it with ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Planet10 Enabled Fostex drivers on the end of a MP Audio EL84 integrated ...

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Door View Post
    Trying to save on buying new as cable margins are extortionate - as we all do (cost of copper is the cost of copper?).
    Yes but what type of copper? If you go for OCC the gains are quite impressive. 2 x 6 metre runs are going to cost around £200 but well worth it.

I'm Martin.

DNM resolution 6m will make a stereo pair. If you buy it unterminated will set you back £175 plus postage.

I bought some recently and made a 2m pair plus 15cm jumpers with low mass 4mm Z plugs for less than £100. Definitely sounds more coherent than Atlas ascent 2 mk II. Which would have cost about 10 times more

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Door View Post
    Planet10 Enabled Fostex drivers on the end of a MP Audio EL84 integrated ...
    Looks like the amp does not use any negative feedback, so you should get a good result with the DNM design as well.

Not sure how sensitive your drivers are, if they are > 89db/W then you might get away with the thinner cable, but I would ask the designer on that. The thinner stuff is about 30% less.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Yes but what type of copper? If you go for OCC the gains are quite impressive. 2 x 6 metre runs are going to cost around £200 but well worth it.
    My old cable was OCC multi-stranded and I got a better result with single core , Im pretty sure DNM resolution isn’t OCC either, I would have thought it would be mentioned if it was.

I'm Robert.

All sorted, thanks for the interest, posts, links and offers

+ Reply to Thread