Quote Originally Posted by Colin2040 View Post
I have a back up hard drive which uses appl3 lossless flies and was the main source for my Raspberry pi. I am going to introduce the raspberry into my main system with the hard drive and use Volumio. Now what’s the simplest way of converting around 300 to 350 gb of files into flac . I am sure this is somewhere within Art of Sound but simple solution would be good

Colin
Colin, a couple of things, one already pointed out is if they are already ALAC (Apple Lossless) then converting to FLAC will be of little benefit. Second if you ripped these from CDs using iTunes to get them to ALAC then the quality may not be as good as it could be, by that I mean that iTunes does not do the level of error checking and re-reading of CDs to ensure a true rip that other software does. So you may want to consider re-ripping your CD's using something like XLD, there are others that are free.

You might want to consider keeping them as .M4P anyway rather than FLAC so you can still access from iTunes easily and put on any Apple devices you have.

Time consuming I know but I had the same issues where I had ripped to with MP3 or AAC and so spent many weeks re-ripping 600+ CD's to ALAC.