+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converting Apple lossless to flac

I'm Colin.

Default Converting Apple lossless to flac

I have a back up hard drive which uses appl3 lossless flies and was the main source for my Raspberry pi. I am going to introduce the raspberry into my main system with the hard drive and use Volumio. Now what’s the simplest way of converting around 300 to 350 gb of files into flac . I am sure this is somewhere within Art of Sound but simple solution would be good

Colin

I'm Grant.

db poweramp, jriver i think both will likely do it. never used apples codecs tho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Colin.

Afternoon Grant, I was looking at DBpower I will have a look on line this afternoon. I originally started using lossless as I had a sonos system and I used to store my music as WAV but Sonos didn't always like it

Colin

I'm Grant.

jriver can do alac.. thats apple lossless. not currently on a pc that has db so dont know
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Colin.

Well running the trial just now and will see how it goes

I'm Grant.

do them in batches of say 5 albums, and save to a different location keeping old files. think db can do it better, or quicker but Ive not tried it. it takes a bit of time and processing power.
    dont know if alac metadata will cross over completely either. probably will
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Colin.

Well running the trial just now and will see how it goes

I'm John.

Why do you want to convert? I thought Volumio could play ALAC files?

I'm Ian.

You might also consider Foobar - it converts just about anything.

I'm Mel.

Not sure what benefit you will get out of this exercise.

First apple lossless is a compressed format so will be about the same size as flac

Second Volumio and Moode etc play apple files with no problem

Third you are likely to loose metadata - particularly the images but it depends how you applied them in iTunes in the first place.

Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; 22-07-2019 at 12:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast