+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Budget Klipsch Speaker Shock!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    No experience of those but I did get a pair of Klipsch RP-600M stand mounts in to replace the little R-51M speakers. The RP series titanium horn tweeter is much more refined than those fitted to the R-51M but some of the musical magic of the cheaper speaker is missing and I do prefer the R-51M. You really need to hear the RP-4000F before buying
    Yes Hugo I think a listen could well be on the agenda for this year. Having looked more into this I think that the RP-5000F might be better as it has the option of a 'wood' finish cabinet rather than just black. Back in 1997 I had access to Klipsch's KG3.5 units with a 300B SET amp and I remember the sound being excellent. I remember an amazing level of detail and slam. I also remember them being so good with jazz but I do remember Audio Note's AZ-2 being a lot better.

I'm martin.

For reference https://omegaloudspeakers.com/

Beautiful speakers - all sold out apparently!

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by martinswimmer View Post
    For reference https://omegaloudspeakers.com/

Beautiful speakers - all sold out apparently!
    I have a pair of virtually new Omega Compact Alnico Monitors available, in walnut veneer, for £1395 including VAT and UK delivery (UK RRP is £1795). See https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...nitor-Speakers

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    I have become somewhat hooked on the inherent time and phase purity of single driver transducers
    Based on this criteria, have you heard Fujitsu Eclipse speakers? The TD712z have been consistently good when I've heard them at Hi-Fi shows, but they don't come up too often second hand. But the TD510 and TD508 come up on ebay fairly often and are around the price you paid for the Klipsch. I fell in love with the Eclipse sound when I bought a paid of TD508s via this forum. They have now been supplanted by a pair of TD512 and I love them.

Rob.