+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Budget Klipsch Speaker Shock!

I'm Hugo.

The tweeter horn is clearly that size for a reason, and in a small box it does not look at all elegant. It's a shame that these little Klipsch R-51M speakers sound so much better with grilles off, but I have learnt to not look at them! If I had not already decided to go for Omega single driver, full range speakers, I'd be interested in exploring other Klipsch models like the RP-600M (same butt-ugly looks as the R-51M).

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    The tweeter horn is clearly that size for a reason, and in a small box it does not look at all elegant. It's a shame that these little Klipsch R-51M speakers sound so much better with grilles off, but I have learnt to not look at them! If I had not already decided to go for Omega single driver, full range speakers, I'd be interested in exploring other Klipsch models like the RP-600M (same butt-ugly looks as the R-51M).
    Hugo,

have you had a chance to hear the Omega speakers yet?

I'm Hugo.

Not yet - all Divine Audio's last shipment were sold before I had the chance, so I just have to bite the bullet and order a pair of Compact Alnico Monitors. Something tells me that I won't be disappointed.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Not yet - all Divine Audio's last shipment were sold before I had the chance, so I just have to bite the bullet and order a pair of Compact Alnico Monitors. Something tells me that I won't be disappointed.
    I would be inclined to go for the Super Alnico Monitor which is close to my custom units. I think that the extra cabinet volume gives it a bit more heft! It is a bit pricier but these speakers are keepers!

BTW. These have a ridiculous burn in period. Be prepared for a few weeks for the drivers to loosen up!

I'm Grant.

Full ranges drivers can be very good. preferably paper tho as they do the fast highs better. . Shame i rarely listen to mine at moment and have just been using my nura cans
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Full ranges drivers can be very good. preferably paper tho as they do the fast highs better. . Shame i rarely listen to mine at moment and have just been using my nura cans
    Exactly! There is a coherence to a single point source that is quite addictive. My Omega speakers come close to my Magneplanar speakers at much lower cost and with none of the problems with amplification. They also surpass the Maggies in terms of bass slam?

I'm Hugo.

I have chosen the Compact Alnico Monitor (CAM) entirely based largely on its modest dimensions, but also rather lower cost cost compared to the SAM. The CAM is wide, but relatively shallow, which means it fits a small room. I'll be very interested to hear how Lyngdorf RoomPerfect works with such a simple speaker, where time and phase anomalies are largely absent! I strongly suspect that the result will be somewhat magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I would be inclined to go for the Super Alnico Monitor which is close to my custom units. I think that the extra cabinet volume gives it a bit more heft! It is a bit pricier but these speakers are keepers!

BTW. These have a ridiculous burn in period. Be prepared for a few weeks for the drivers to loosen up!

I'm Mike.

Hugo, Don't know if you've ever heard Simon's big Klipsch (Jubilees?) in Reedham. I think Clive did a revamp to the external X-overs and since moving home he hasn't had them properly up and running.

Bloody ugly, of course, but they filled a fair-sized room with his Quicksilver amplification. Sounded good set into corners, but not quite my cup of tea !

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    Hugo, Don't know if you've ever heard Simon's big Klipsch (Jubilees?) in Reedham. I think Clive did a revamp to the external X-overs and since moving home he hasn't had them properly up and running.

Bloody ugly, of course, but they filled a fair-sized room with his Quicksilver amplification. Sounded good set into corners, but not quite my cup of tea !
    I'm curious about big Klipsch speakers, but you've seen my house and small speakers are the only things that can be accommodated! Even the Klipsch Heresy would be difficult to fit in.

I'm Paul.

Grab a pair of kgs 3 or 3.5 not too big. Sound good with upgrades too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast