+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone else using Exact Audio Copy to burn CDs onto a hard drive?

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Thanks Edward.
    Last time I looked (and I'm fairly sure it was within the last couple of years, although it could easily have been longer) it wasn't supported.
    I've just done some WAV ripping using dBPoweramp, and I can read tags using Mp3Tag.
    Cool huh!

Pity that EAC has not been updated since about 2015 and hence does not include this functionality. But it is real easy to run MP3tag over ripped wav files especially if artist and album details are present.

In the past I did extensive testing between flac and wav (and alac a bit) and honestly did not determine much difference (if at all) between them in terms of sq. Some people do.

JRiver has a neat feature whereby you can take a lossless file (e.g. wav) and it will downsample a snippet to various different resolutions and then will play them back 'blind'. The user then selects what s/he thinks it is and a score is given at the end. An interesting excursion into self embarrassment.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I can't hear a difference between the WAV files I just ripped and the FLAC compressed ones.
    I'm going to stick with FLAC.
    It makes for more efficient transmission over the network, and the storage requirement is less.

I have used the blind testing plugin in Foobar a few times, and it's brought some interesting results
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Paul.

Just for completeness....

I use either 'asunder' or 'sound juicer' to rip CDs (running in linux) to flac files. They both get the meta-data over the network, but asunder sometimes finds the data when sound juicer dosn't.

I hear no difference in sound quality.
    khozmo passive pre/nytech ca252/cxa252 amps, arc 101 speakers
    vinyl: --- lp12/kore/lingo4/ekos2/dv 10x5/gs accession
    digital: --- caiman SEG/allo digione, synology nas, rotel 965 cd

I'm Grant.

Ive noticed since last update of JRiver25, it is now using a secure rip system similar to EAC. much slower and comes up with a dialogue re how it ripped each track etc.
    Ive not found any info re this but thought i'd mention it. Thought my drive was faulty at first it was ripping so slow in comparision lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Default Anyone else using Exact Audio Copy to burn CDs onto a hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I can't hear a difference between the WAV files I just ripped and the FLAC compressed ones.
    I'm going to stick with FLAC.
    It makes for more efficient transmission over the network, and the storage requirement is less.

I have used the blind testing plugin in Foobar a few times, and it's brought some interesting results
    Yup, I ABX tested FLAC and WAV using some STAX electrostatic ‘phones. Zero difference, and man I did try to find some. Also tested FLAC vs “LAME Insane” 320kbps CBR and did notice a very small, but worthwhile difference: a touch more air and space with FLAC.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234