+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS EL84 Monoblocks

I'm Geoff.

I admit it, I was tempted too. Even though I swore I'd not use valves again!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I admit it, I was tempted too. Even though I swore I'd not use valves again!
    I was very tempted too, in fact I had pretty much decided to have them if they still for sale in the morning. Based on the WD Kel84, which is a cracking little amp imho.

I'm sorted.

With all the interest perhaps I should have asked a little more?

Anyway that's me waving goodbye to valves for the last time, it was a brief flirtation but enjoyable none the less.

I'm Nigel.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    With all the interest perhaps I should have asked a little more?

Anyway that's me waving goodbye to valves for the last time, it was a brief flirtation but enjoyable none the less.
    Roy, I must admit that I would have taken them when I visited you a few months back, had I known that you were selling them. Can’t even buy the transformers new for that asking price.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    Roy, I must admit that I would have taken them when I visited you a few months back, had I known that you were selling them. Can’t even buy the transformers new for that asking price.
    I only dragged them out of a cupboard today to test the inputs on the Audiolab pre I've just sold when it occurred to me to sell them, I'd semi-forgot I had them to be honest.

I'm Greg.

Not checking private exhibitions every time can save you some money! Looks like a very good price! So much good looking iron!

I'm Don.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXTz44d6H-k

but he didn't..

Yes, well done Roy, that was a very fair price....(Roy's a decent bloke I might add)!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXTz44d6H-k

but he didn't..

Yes, well done Roy, that was a very fair price....(Roy's a decent bloke I might add)!

Thanks Don. Did you get the welsh Tannoys?

I'm Don.

Don't remind me...bad experience Roy, needed counselling after that!
    That fell through again...so picked up a cheap pair of early 315's...just sitting here waiting to be foamed up. Sorry Mod's for the extra sauce on the tacho..

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Sorry Mod's for the extra sauce on the tacho..

Thread drift is an essential AoS ingredient! As long as a sales thread is concluded and the OP doesn’t mind, dollop all the extra sauce you want!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast