+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Analogue to Digital convertors

I'm Ian.

Default Analogue to Digital convertors

Anybody know of a decent but affordable A to D convertor. This is not to archive records but to connect an analogue output to a DAC.

I'm Grant.

mostly ive found an analogue to dig sounds pretty similar with any, bar the really expensive. and possibly not worth extra.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stefano.

I am using a Projet DS2 ti connect my turnable.
    Pretty happy with it.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by slodigia View Post
    I am using a Projet DS2 ti connect my turnable.
    Pretty happy with it.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    Similar to my one, which has the usb. I copied over much of my vinyl with it. Yes it has a very good ADC. Played vinyl on fly etc at any rate. Very good phono stage

I'm Ian.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got one of these on the way and as it is digital only wondered if an A to D would allow the connection of my record deck.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/netwo...4-p-14639.html

It's not for transferring vinyl, just for playing it live.

Also found this which might just fit the bill.

https://www.project-audio.com/en/pro...-box-s2-phono/
    Last edited by ianlenco; 06-02-2021 at 15:37.

I'm Ian.

Can I just double check with you guys with the Pro-ject DS2 USB. I understand you can use it to record digital copies of your vinyl to a computer but can you use it plugged into say a RPi and play the vinyl via the Pi to a DAC?

I'm Grant.

not via pi(unless it has a toslink).. just straight into dac is fine.. it has a toslink for that.(i dont think you need a pc to do that if memory serves, 99% sure) can also do another analogue source like a cassette or r2r.. phono has 2 inputs as well, so you can have 2 tt's or 2 arms; even mixed mm and other mc.. its a nice machine. mine is the silver and wood one but i think same as one in pic above. they are 475 new now.. were well over 500 originally.. might sell mine. not sure.

my one
    Last edited by struth; 07-02-2021 at 10:31.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

Thanks Grant that's very useful. The Audiophonics DAC does optical in so it looks like it should work. If you want to sell let me know.

I'm Grant.

its a very good phono stage, and the buttons and indicators are a joy.. saves a lot of messing about. if you do ever get one, and your interested in recording, buy vinyl studio pro.. it is a fab program..
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread